lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2021, 05:48 PM   #1
Whistley21
Not Yet Wild

Default Lithium versus 72V electric

Hey, I’ve narrowed my search down for my new cart to an EZGO L6 electric..

My only pending question at this point is to pay the premium for lithium upfront or go with the 72 V system. This cart will be used at my family’s property to go down to the river. Light trail riding. Anyone have any pros and cons to these factory lithium system? Any comments on performance between one or another? I tend to tinker and want to upgrade the carts I purchase. Any restrictions with either of these?

I know either would be an upgrade to my 48 V that I currently have. Just wondering what the best choice is going forward.

Thanks in advance
Whistley21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2021, 11:24 PM   #2
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Lithium versus 72V electric

I don’t know the cost difference between the two options you’ve listed, but after converting my last electric cart to lithium, I would not own another electric cart that wasn’t lithium. With that said, I don’t know anything about the factory lithium setups. I bought a drop in setup and did it myself.

When I went from 48v of lead acid batteries to lithium it was close to 300lbs less. And you definitely notice that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 09:34 AM   #3
wingnut2000
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Lithium versus 72V electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCo View Post
I don’t know the cost difference between the two options you’ve listed, but after converting my last electric cart to lithium, I would not own another electric cart that wasn’t lithium. With that said, I don’t know anything about the factory lithium setups. I bought a drop in setup and did it myself.

When I went from 48v of lead acid batteries to lithium it was close to 300lbs less. And you definitely notice that...

what lithium kit did you go with?
wingnut2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 11:06 PM   #4
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Bought my kit back in early 2017 from Nick of EV Battery Center. Sadly he passed a year or so later. His customer service was top notch and the setup works like new to this day.

SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 02:28 PM   #5
Adjake
Not Yet Wild

Without any hesitation whatsoever I’d go lithium. The pack will last you probably a lifetime with typical personal use.
Adjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 04:24 PM   #6
Carnut12
Not Yet Wild

I had the same choice and I went 72v, my neighborhood I’m moving too has a lot of hills. Based on the dealers I spoke with they recommended waiting to change to lithium when replacement batteries are needed, by then the technology will be much better.

If I didn’t have the hills I would’ve probably went with lithium regardless of what the dealers said.
Carnut12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO