lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2021, 03:51 PM   #1
sutliff01
Not Yet Wild

Default 09 Yamaha New Motor

I'm looking at a new motor for my 09 electric Yamaha, this one specifically https://www.golfcartking.com/ezgo-dc...0-more-torque/, my question is on the website its say it may require fabrication to move the shocks. Has anyone swapped this motor in and if so did you have to relocate the shocks?
sutliff01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2021, 05:01 PM   #2
jerseyforlife
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 09 Yamaha New Motor

Hey brother Im a tech advisor at GolfCartKing.com, our head tech worked for yamaha golf cart division for 20 years. He said you would need to relocate the shocks and at least a 3in lift because the motor itself is considerably larger than the factory one.
jerseyforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 06:00 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

If you want a good motor that will fit fine try D&D. I have two Yamaha carts - both with D&D motors. You can talk to them to decide which motor is right for your application. One of my carts has 9:1 gears - I got a high torque motor for that one. The other has 12.5:1 gears. I got a regular torque motor for that one. They both fit fine. The high torque motor is slightly longer than the stock Hitachi motor but it still fits.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 09:53 PM   #4
LPnTX
Gone Wild

This...my 07 Drive I put a D7D motor in it and it fits without shock relocation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
If you want a good motor that will fit fine try D&D. I have two Yamaha carts - both with D&D motors. You can talk to them to decide which motor is right for your application. One of my carts has 9:1 gears - I got a high torque motor for that one. The other has 12.5:1 gears. I got a regular torque motor for that one. They both fit fine. The high torque motor is slightly longer than the stock Hitachi motor but it still fits.
LPnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 10:17 PM   #5
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

You did not say why you are looking for a new motor. What are you looking for? The stock Hitachi motor is prone to failure. More details please.
Old 03-06-2021, 12:34 AM   #6
sutliff01
Not Yet Wild

What I assume is the stock motor (but I cant be sure because we bought the cart in 2019) went out and we like to use our cart on the trails at our local campground. We are looking at the D&D motor with 40% more torque because some of the trails are pretty steep and we usually have the cart loaded with slightly above average-ish weight people. The cart has a 6inch lift and a backseat so I figure my family would put a decent amount of strain on a stock motor
Old 03-06-2021, 09:07 AM   #7
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I have the ES24-14 motor in my Yamaha with 9:1 gears. I have had it for over four years and it works great. Much better motor than the stock Hitachi motor.
Old 03-06-2021, 06:18 PM   #8
sutliff01
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
I have the ES24-14 motor in my Yamaha with 9:1 gears. I have had it for over four years and it works great. Much better motor than the stock Hitachi motor.
Would you happen to have a the link for the motor you’re talking about? Also how do I know what gears are in my cart?
Old 03-06-2021, 10:54 PM   #9
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

You need to count motor revolutions vs wheel revolutions to determine what gear ratio you have. If your motor is dead, pull it out and put a piece of tape on the input shaft. Push the cart one wheel rev and count the revolutions on the input shaft. Standard is 12.5 to 1.
Just go directly to D&D for the motor. They are great to work with.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha