lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-29-2020, 05:50 PM   #1
Dogleg
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Club car transmission

I have a club car pioneer 2006. It has been modified by installing counter clockwise motor. Originally it was A Clockwise mtr. To go forward I have to put in in reverse. To go backward I put it in forward. Not a problem except the gear ratio is different from forward and reverse. I was wandering if it was possible to work on the transmission and change places with the forward and reverse gears?
I could restore my forward ratio (speed) to original. Thanks
Dogleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-29-2020, 09:05 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Club car transmission

Some people in high speed gears to get extra speed from reverse. There is no way to change to design of the trans to make the gear ratios different.
The trans was designed to spin clockwise, so the only way to get the correct forward/reverse ratios is to use an engine that rotates clockwise.

The older axles used a counter clockwise rotating transmission, and it is possible to swap the entire axle/transmission assembly with an older unit, but those are getting difficult to find, and are impossible to get parts for if something in them fails.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 10:23 PM   #3
Dogleg
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok thanks. I don’t know much about the transmission. My rational was maybe the two gears were in a position on different shafts and a person could just swap them but i guess not. Thanks for your input I’ll know not to consider that angle now.
Old 11-29-2020, 10:33 PM   #4
Dogleg
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

After reading your reply again. Did you say some people have put in high speed gears to get more speed out of reverse? If so, that would be just what I need. Where would I get a high speed reverse gear? The dealer maybe?
Old 11-30-2020, 06:54 AM   #5
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

check out our site sponsors, there are a few that sell 6:1 and 8:1 gears.
I bought my gears from "Cart Parts Plus"
as far as what ratio to purchase, unless it's an aftermarket such as a V-Twin or predator, go with the 8:1
I have the 6:1gear ratio in my cart, I also have a v-twin engine in my cart as well, the gears are not that hard to change and swap out you just need to press.
it would help better if we knew what the make and size engine you had in your cart?
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 10:58 AM   #6
Dogleg
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have a predator 670 in the cart. Do you happen to know what the ratio of the original reverse gear is, as that is what I would need to replace.
Old 11-30-2020, 02:00 PM   #7
Dogleg
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

After studying the part I see it changes the ratio of the entire transmission both Forward and reverse. Is the vanguard cw or ccw rotation?
Old 11-30-2020, 07:56 PM   #8
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Vanguard and Predator have the same rotation, knowing that you have the 670 I would go with the 6:1 gears for sure, with what you have that is a no brainer!!
As far as the gear ratio in the transmission, I think the reverse gear 12:1, don't hold me to that that's what I think it is. somebody'll will chime in knows the actual gear ratios for front and reverse on this transmission.

SIDE NOTE:

Not all gears are created equal!! One of my friends tried to save a couple of dollars, and went to China route. A week and a half later he stripped the teeth out.
Talk to Bruce at CartPartsPlus he will set you up with what you need
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20201130-185130_Chrome.jpg (50.2 KB, 0 views)
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 08:44 PM   #9
Dogleg
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

If the vanguard is ccw also then you must have too put your cart in reverse to go forward also. I was concerned about the forward gear (which is my reverse ) would be way to fast if I put 6:1 gear in. Does yours back up real fast?
Old 12-03-2020, 08:51 PM   #10
Dogleg
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I had my wife drive behind me to check my speed. It looks like I’m going 13 mph now going forward ( which is my reverse gear)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car