lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2013, 09:21 PM   #41
aacorp
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Primer / Sealer

Back to paint....

Do you have any experience shooting anything from the Vibrance Collection that is offered by PPG? I'd like to try something different, either super bright white or pearl or a heavy flake metallic or.... The base color will be white, so I'm not sure if there even is something called metallic white. I just need it to really 'pop', and will use a white sealer this time for sure.

If there is another PPG product that you'd suggest, I'm open to that as well - especially if its in the Deltron or ShopLine categories. I'd like to stay away from Omni and Global.
aacorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-12-2013, 12:54 PM   #42
aacorp
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Also, any experience with the 'Hell Fire' DBC topcoats, or 'O-So-Sexy' DBC paints from PPG?

Last edited by aacorp; 08-12-2013 at 12:56 PM.. Reason: Grammar correction
Old 08-14-2013, 08:14 AM   #43
master66
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ya know I used to use PPG products a long time ago and switched over to Dupont for some reason. I personally think most of the base clear systems out there will shoot the same but some have better charecteristics than others such as , hiding, color match, and a couple other small things. In the end they really shouldn't shoot much different in my opinion. As for me I pretty much stick to Dupont unless someone wants something crazy then I will usually go to House Of Kolor paint for some 3 stage paints. Not sure if that helped but that's my thought.
master66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #44
aacorp
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Yes, that is helpful - as I was curious how the pearls and/or tri-coat systems laid compared to the typical 2 stage system.

I will read the Tech Sheet(s), that is when I usually start to gain or lose confidence in trying something new in the PPG world!

Thanks,
Old 08-14-2013, 01:10 PM   #45
master66
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I will say if you are doing tri- coats make sure your gun is in perfect working order. When you go over a base with candy it really stands out if your gun was striping or blotching.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:46 AM   #46
aacorp
Getting Wild
Yamaha

So, I might be painting a fiberglass body, and have heard about static electricity building up and the need to ground the body during the paint process? Does this sound familiar?

Is there anything unique to painting a fiberglass body, ie:

1. Should I spray it with adhesion promoter?
2. Should I use a flex add? (it is a very thin fiberglass, and flexes - a lot)
3. It has primer on it, should I sand all of that off first?

Finally, what is a 'tinted clear'?

PS: Gotta add a Drag Racing pic. John was leaving 'the office' at MGR, but stopped to sign my son's autograph book and asked him how his racing season was going!

Old 08-16-2013, 04:02 PM   #47
master66
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by aacorp View Post
So, I might be painting a fiberglass body, and have heard about static electricity building up and the need to ground the body during the paint process? Does this sound familiar?

Is there anything unique to painting a fiberglass body, ie:

1. Should I spray it with adhesion promoter?( No need to)
2. Should I use a flex add? (it is a very thin fiberglass, and flexes - a lot) (Yes it wouldn't hurt)
3. It has primer on it, should I sand all of that off first? {As long as they applied it right and din't go over more than 1 coat of paint you should be fine)

Finally, what is a 'tinted clear'? (Tinted clear is something they use to blend the part you are painting into an adjacent panel. No need to use this)

PS: Gotta add a Drag Racing pic. John was leaving 'the office' at MGR, but stopped to sign my son's autograph book and asked him how his racing season was going!

I put the answers in parenthases.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:05 AM   #48
aacorp
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Awesome, thanks. Will have more questions as I get into this further.

Will try to post this drag racing pic, Bode had Halfscale Dragster (Jr Dragster chassis & clutch company) sponsorship on his car this weekend - till it burned / blew off!

Old 09-26-2013, 09:57 AM   #49
aacorp
Getting Wild
Yamaha

For Master; was in England for business last week, went to Santa Pod Raceway about 2 hours North of London to watch them race. Actually found 2 Nostalgic FC's! The Time Warp car is originally from the New Jersey area.

Oh, very few golf carts over there - they call them 'buggies'!

Old 09-26-2013, 10:32 AM   #50
master66
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That's awesome! I love the old school funny cars when they named them, unlike now it is all corporate sponsorship. The paint jobs were usually impressive also.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint