lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-19-2009, 08:49 PM   #1
hitmanharleyk
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Powerwise II Charger Question

Can a bad capacitor make these chargers think the batteries are fully charged when they aren't ?

My local course is replacing all the capacitors in their cart fleet (60 @ $30 ea.) at the recommendation of the local E-Z-GO rep. These are three year old batteries that have been topped off with the water hose and more than likely not often enough because it is left up to 16 year olds. Most of these 3 year old carts won't make it past 18 holes and normally they roll the lease every three years, but this year they are wanting to make it to the spring.
I'm wondering if this is $1500-$1800 well spent ? Personally I think it is poorly maintained Batteries.
hitmanharleyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-19-2009, 11:01 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: Powerwise II Charger Question

I think its poorly maintained batteries to. I've never heard that before, especially not all of them.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:06 PM   #3
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Powerwise II Charger Question

3 years is about maximum life for batteries on a golf course, too

I agree, too many courses are leaving the maintenance up to 16 year olds and golf pros - none of which have ever impressed me in my years of golf course work...

I'm sure they have their reason for the capasitor change, but that's new to me - never heard of that before...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO