lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-15-2021, 02:50 PM   #1
nickfowler20
Not Yet Wild

Default 06 DS Sluggish Acceleration Intermittent Drop Outs

I'm having trouble diagnosing problems with my parents cart. It is an 06 DS 48V. The cart is sluggish like the batteries are going bad but all batteries check out good. Pack voltage is 55 volts. It also is intermittently dropping the solenoid out. I have noticed the solenoid doesn't close until about half pedal. It is also intermittently not regenning when letting off the throttle pedal.

Originally thought the problem was with the MCOR but it has been swapped with no difference in symptoms at all. All interconnecting battery cables are new and all connections have been cleaned. I even swapped the batteries with my cart just to eliminate them. Speed sensor was swapped with my cart also to eliminate. I did find that the battery connections on the controller had been hot but were not burned out. The plastic around the terminals on the controller itself was distorted from heat. The cart has a curtis 1510A-5250 controller. At this point I don't want to throw money at swapping parts. Seems like either a bad connection or the MCOR has issues. Where do i start looking next?

Edit the post to mention that we are in West Alabama and am not aware of good repair places close by. Have had the cart at one small shop but did not offer a fix.
nickfowler20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2021, 03:47 PM   #2
TigerGolfcart
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 06 DS Sluggish Acceleration Intermittent Drop Outs

Have you tested the controller input and outputs with a MM? I had a problem where mine would run for a bit, and when I stopped, it was hit and miss if it would start again. Turned out to the the controller. I had to test the input and output of the controller to see if the motor was getting any power. One i figured that out I was able to get a new controller and everything has been pretty smooth.
TigerGolfcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car