lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2021, 09:17 AM   #11
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Lester Summit ii Fault Code Issue

I'd try wiring the charger directly to the pack with 10awg wires to rule out a connection issue at the plug.
Other than that the only thing I can say is that 30410 charger is a bit overkill for that pack, but it should work if you get the correct battery profile set.
Rule out any connection problems, then contact Lester support and see what they say.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2021, 08:43 PM   #12
CartCartCart
Not Yet Wild

Ok will do. I have actually been calling and emailing Lester support for the better part of a week. Honestly at this point I plan on returning the thing and buy a "dumb charger". I haven't gotten as much as a courtesy call to let me know they are backed up. Ill try again tomorrow and if no dice I'll begin the return process. Honestl, I've heard nothing but good things about them, and I'm reasonable when it comes to explanations, but if this keeps up eventually my pack will the affected.

The reason I bought it is to possibly switch to lithium in couple years when this pack dies and the price hopefully comes down.

Thanks again for all your suggestions
CartCartCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 07:37 AM   #13
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Unless things have changed, I'd return it if you plan on using it for lithium later (I bought one some time back because they told me it would work for lithium and it wouldn't (at least on my setup) and they would not let me return it-they said I waited too long). My advice would be to call/email one of the site sponsors and see if they can help; you'll get way better support that way!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 09:12 AM   #14
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Lester has profiles for many Drop-in type lithium packs, and the S2 does work with those.
They do not recommend any profiles for custom build packs such as a Leaf pack or Volt pack, though I'm sure the S2 could handle those if you can figure out the correct profile to use. Most people who get that far into building a pack want to set their own voltages for charging which the S2 will not let you do.

I've talked with Lester tech support a few times over email and they are usually very prompt in replying, so I have to imagine they're either crazy backed up or having some other sort of issue.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 09:16 AM   #15
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I asked Lester about profiles for my Leaf pack and they said they won't support that. They do have a Lithium profile but it's for LiFeP04 chemistry and I think 16S. I wish they would support an adjustable end voltage - clearly the charger is capable of this.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 11:28 AM   #16
CartCartCart
Not Yet Wild

Spoke with Bill at Lester support which was a good experience. Trouble shooting was quick and he had a good way about him. He believes the charger is the problem. They are sending a new one and I will send them back this one. I'm still concerned with turnaround time, as they say they wont ship until next week as long as they are not backordered.

So there it is. Faulty charger lol.

I do have one question though, and it may need a new thread but...

I have acquired a working used RXV charger

Can I cut of the plug portion, attach an SB50 and charge my cart until the new Lester comes it? I've read that some chargers require a signal from the cart controller to work and this will be hooked directly to batteries.

Thanks again, didnt expect the charger (and finding batteries for that matter) would be the hardest part of the build
CartCartCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car