lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2020, 06:47 PM   #1
God of Thunder
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Help with TXT48 wiring harness install!

Hello! My cart was originally a 36v PDS - but I am upgrading it to a 48v. I sold my 36v harness - and have a new 48v harness but I am having trouble identifying a few of the parts - and where they should go - AND if there is a piece I need to connect to it.....! Any help here would be greatly appreciated....

Here is the whole harness

And here are some of the bits that I don't know where they go....!

I think this will ultimately go to that box by the gas pedal with the switches. But I need a piece that connects to that end and runs up there. Unfortunately I don't know what its called, so I can't verify that this is correct by matching the connectors!

No clue on this. Its a 4-pin connector with only two red wires. Perhaps the run/tow switch (that is missing from my cart!)

Here - I have a C and an A1. From looking at the Diagram, it looks like I should have a B+, B- and an M- / None of these seem to match, so do these wires even go here?

No clue on these 3!

No clue on this one!

Again - any help would be greatly appreciated!
God of Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-28-2020, 08:11 PM   #2
God of Thunder
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help with TXT48 wiring harness install!

Okay - I believe my first picture is correct that - that goes to the ITS pedal box. However I need the wiring harness that connects to that. I cannot locate one anywhere (and I don't have one on the cart). Does anyone know what part number that pedal box harness is?
God of Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 10:28 AM   #3
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

TXT48 Harness.jpg

Here is a naked TXT48 harness.

You will need a new T/R switch you can use 608900 or 606980 if you want direct EZGO replacements. I just use high-amp 12v on/off switches that are way cheaper.

For the F/R switch I use the Club Car President (2004-up) Nivel part no. 8431 and the CC President (2004-up) F/R housing. (That is what is in the pic.)

The TXT48 is quite simple. You will have some miss-matches on your ITS Molex, speed sensor Molex, and the T/R Molex. I usually chop them off and put Deutsch or simple blade connectors instead.

Cheers,
Impaled
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 10:42 AM   #4
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by God of Thunder View Post
Okay - I believe my first picture is correct that - that goes to the ITS pedal box. However I need the wiring harness that connects to that. I cannot locate one anywhere (and I don't have one on the cart). Does anyone know what part number that pedal box harness is?
You can cut them off and direct butt connect them or use blade connectors to replace the Molex. You can do that to replace any of the adapters that doesn't fit. :)

Hunting and pecking Molex adapters is a pain if you haven't dealt with them before. Blades do the same thing. :) As an example, for the ITS you just match black-to-black, green-to-green, red-to-red and white-to-white. Just make sure you have slack to put the blade adapter on. If you cut too far back on that harness you will have to pull the casing off and move it down.

Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO