lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2009, 07:05 AM   #1
duxnbux69
Not Yet Wild

Default Charging problem on 48 V. CC

Thought maybe someone would have a good idea as to why when I charge my batteries my charger now doesnt shut off , it goes down to about 4 amps an just keeps running. I dont have a voltage tester, but guessing thats what I need? Any help appreciated..
Thanks
duxnbux69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2009, 08:48 AM   #2
dcannow
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Charging problem on 48 V. CC

Start by checking voltage on each battery. If you have one bad one the charger will keep trying to charge it and cook the others. A voltage meter is a must.
dcannow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:51 AM   #3
duxnbux69
Not Yet Wild

I thought that was going to be the answer, but just didnt know if it could be something else.
Thanks
Old 08-16-2009, 09:28 AM   #4
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by duxnbux69 View Post
Thought maybe someone would have a good idea as to why when I charge my batteries my charger now doesnt shut off , it goes down to about 4 amps an just keeps running. I dont have a voltage tester, but guessing thats what I need? Any help appreciated..
Thanks
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:32 AM   #5
duxnbux69
Not Yet Wild

Just checked the voltage and I have a bad one. All were running around 8.3-8.4 and one was bouncing around ,but kinda settled at 4.6. Now I have trojan batteries, but they are hard for me to get around here. The batteries are may 05. Can I substitute it with a different brand or should I stay with Trojan? And with that voltage can I just get by with replacing that one or is it better to do all? I was thinking I read a little over 8 is where they needed to be, I guess the other 5 are fine.
Thanks
Old 08-16-2009, 10:39 AM   #6
kneddor
Gone Wild

Club Car

Main thing is to try to find a battery of similar age and condition with the rest of your set.
kneddor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:41 AM   #7
duxnbux69
Not Yet Wild

Sounds good I was wondering what a new one with the old ones would do. Not sure how I will find one though.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:50 AM   #8
kneddor
Gone Wild

Club Car

Not recommended to mix new and old batteries. The old ones will pull down the new ones in short order.
kneddor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:58 AM   #9
GarageBuilt
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by duxnbux69 View Post
Just checked the voltage and I have a bad one. All were running around 8.3-8.4 and one was bouncing around ,but kinda settled at 4.6. Now I have trojan batteries, but they are hard for me to get around here. The batteries are may 05. Can I substitute it with a different brand or should I stay with Trojan? And with that voltage can I just get by with replacing that one or is it better to do all? I was thinking I read a little over 8 is where they needed to be, I guess the other 5 are fine.
Thanks
Are you running any accessories off just that one battery? At this point you can do all of the above. The ideal thing to do would be to find a used battery to fit in your pack with the same #"S as the rest of the batteries. You can take out that weak battery & charge it by it's self. It would have to be an 8-volt charger. Maybe that would bring it back up with the rest of the pack.
GarageBuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:05 AM   #10
duxnbux69
Not Yet Wild

No its not running anything else. Had no idea I could charge it by itself. So you mean just charge it by itself once then try charging it with the others the next time?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car