lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-10-2018, 10:46 PM   #1
sprucep
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZGO TXT Upgrade - Sudden Loss of Power / Speed

All new parts - upgrade to 48 volts - apart from motor.

Alltrax 400 amp SR controller. HD solenoid, HD F/R solenoids, 2 GA cables, new 8 x 6 volt batteries. Motor is original AMD High Speed.

Today everything was normal when a couple of minutes into the drive, with fully charged batteries, after I took my foot of the pedal and reapplied power the speed suddenly dropped by 20%,

I tested this in both user 1 and user 2 modes and in both cases the speed was down by around 20% on full throttle.

What I also noticed was that in both modes the voltage draw was less in both modes - by about 1 volt - and was consistent with a lower amperage output from the controller - again in both modes.

I know this as I have set a lower output on the Alltrax SR for the normal position and the full 400 amps output for user 1. The user 1 power is now about the same as the reduced power setting was before (275 amps), as is the voltage drop on full throttle.

Any ideas on what is going on?http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/images/smilies/help.gif
sprucep is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO