lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2008, 06:50 PM   #1
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

Default Precedent Motor

What does a 48v 05/06 Precedent/Iq have for a stock motor...is it a D-390 or something else? Thanks in advance.
BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-22-2008, 09:05 PM   #2
ltmoeller
Gone Wild

Default Re: Precedent Motor

The d390 is an upgraded motor for the IQ.You can change out the stock motor and use the d390 with the speed set on 4 and using the stock controller get speeds up to 24mph.
Tom
ltmoeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 06:18 AM   #3
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

I've heard you can 24 out of the stock motor if you upgrade the controller to 400amp? What if upgraded both motor and controller...still 24, just more torque?
Old 10-23-2008, 09:33 PM   #4
ltmoeller
Gone Wild

I have upgraded many IQ carts which the president is about the same.While 400 amp will give you more torque I am not so sure about 24mph.I have heard this also.An Issue to consider is the crappy 4/12 volt batterys.The more modifacations the shorter the run time will be.I have used IMP inc to upgrade the D390 and they have got me to 24 mph with stock controller.There prices are very reasonable.Just a thought.
Tom
Old 10-24-2008, 11:39 PM   #5
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

a 400 amp alltrax will give you 24 mph..
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 07:57 AM   #6
ltmoeller
Gone Wild

That sounds interesting.Are we talking about doing the speed to #4 and then adding the alltrax 400 amp controller?What about 4 gauge wiring.
I have a california roadster that is stock with 11 hp motor and 400 alltrax controller with 6 gauge wiring and I have never had any problems with the wires.I ask this because their customer service answer to the question was "That how we build them".
Tom
Old 05-19-2010, 10:54 AM   #7
Keefer
Not Yet Wild

If you do the upgrade I heard that the 4 12's will not last very long fullycharged for a much shorter ride.. and also that it messes up other things on the cart making them a shorter life. any of that true?
Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:59 PM   #8
ltmoeller
Gone Wild

8x6 volt batterys will give you more run time than 6x8 volts.The newer 12v trojans are better than the original black ones that came in the precedents.Us battery and crown are what club car is currently using in 2010.They have a new tub design in the precedent using 6x8 volts.You can convert your tub but when you get the price from your dealer and work involved you say to yourself"I can buy two sets of batterys for that price".
Tom
Old 05-20-2010, 01:15 PM   #9
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

My new 12v are maroon and seem to perform quite well, but I have added no trick yet. And I agree buy 6-8v and forget about the changoever from 12 to 8, too $$$.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:24 PM   #10
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltmoeller View Post
That sounds interesting.Are we talking about doing the speed to #4 and then adding the alltrax 400 amp controller?What about 4 gauge wiring.
I have a california roadster that is stock with 11 hp motor and 400 alltrax controller with 6 gauge wiring and I have never had any problems with the wires.I ask this because their customer service answer to the question was "That how we build them".
Tom
There's no point in programming to speed 4 and then changing the controller... The controller is what you're programming. It would be wasting money to program the controller and then remove it.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car