lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-05-2012, 10:00 AM   #1
12Lariat6.7
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Speed and settings

Hey guys,

I picked up a 2008 Club Car Precedent last weekend and it already was lifted and has 22" tires. The guy didn't think it had the speed setting changed but today I GPS'd it at 15-16mph. Would it be a safe bet to assume it's at setting 3 I doubt it's at stock setting and going that fast? I was going to take it to local place to have them set it at setting 4 but not sure it's worth the $100 they are asking.

Thanks
Alain
12Lariat6.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-05-2012, 10:32 AM   #2
barber613
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Speed and settings

I just bought a 2007, and the shop told me that setting 3 would get me to 19.9 mph with stock tires. However they could have given me bad info.
barber613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:06 PM   #3
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Yes they told you wrong
Speed code 4 is the fastest which is 19.9 mph.
I'm not sure what speeds the other codes are...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:42 PM   #4
lowrider
Getting Wild

Club Car

My 09 is definatly a speed code 3 and it runs 16-17mph. This winter I am going to send the motor to the Plum folks and let them do thier thing with it. I understand that will give me around 24mph and a little more torque using the same controller and cables. I think the regan stuff will also be disabled.
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:09 PM   #5
Absolut Yak
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I had speed code 4 done to my '08 Preedent and only got about 17mph on stock tires with a good battery pack. Put some LoPro wheels which are only 18.25" tall and got a bit over 18mph and up to 20 down a gentle hill. Installed a PQ Executioner and have seen 30.2 mph, but mostly about 29.5 mph on the flat. Stock controllers, stock wire, but upgraded to 2 gage wires between batteries. My recommendation is skip the speed code upgrade and put it toward the PQ Bandit.
Absolut Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:14 AM   #6
12Lariat6.7
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for all the info. I'm going to do some research on the PQ setup. Looks like $225 will get me the motor. May just have to get one of those :-)
12Lariat6.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car