lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-07-2012, 08:34 PM   #1
racingbob
Not Yet Wild

Default i need seats

in dier need of some seats for my 74 harley gasser
racingbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-07-2012, 09:12 PM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: i need seats

Where are you located? Stock seats or aftermarket? bench or bucket? Help us help you........
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:02 AM   #3
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

mr ob the seats are supper freakin expensive if you can find them. i found covers with cushions for 250. but you need to reuse your seat buckets, which rot out. from the guys i heard and were told was to go to wallyworld or a outdoor activity store and by you 2 matching boat seats. bolt them down, use some flat stock or fender washers.
that was a suggestion i see alot of guys do.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:13 PM   #4
Craigs carts
Gone Wild
Harley Davidson

I have one set of stock seats.
They're very heavy and will cost an arm and a leg to ship.
let me know if you want them.
Craigs carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:15 PM   #5
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

I, like Ckiguy suggested, used a pair of boat seats. The back had to be spaced forward with a 2x4 block but they don't look too bad and they are comfortable. They were $50.00 a pair on sale.
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:26 AM   #6
Craigs carts
Gone Wild
Harley Davidson

It's one of the first things I do when I get a cart. tear off the seats and get rid of the insulation.
Craigs carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:48 PM   #7
Ultra Lady
Not Yet Wild

Harley Davidson

Once I realized my seat backs were in bad shape, I pulled them off until I sort out fabricating new inside support pans. I had an old EZ Go limo cart carcass laying around with good seats in it, so I took one of them with separate seat cushions and bench back and put it in my cart. I shimmed up the lowers so the framework wouldn't rub the fiberglass body, and removed the plastic back piece from the back rest. Covered the back with blue vinyl and sealed up any holes with a dab of silicone. The temp seat is VERY comfortable and has it's own armrests, so I took the HD ones off for rechroming at some point. It works very well and looks pretty ok!

Working on the fiberglass up front too. Have the repairs done to the center and driver's side leg guard, a couple spots on the passenger side and it will be ready for primer too.

Headlights and tail lights in. Not a good pic of the headlights. They are flat running lights down near the floor pan level at the bottom of the leg guards. Very understated and no icky holes. They come on with the second position on the ignition key (replacement) as do the 33 Ford Hot Rod tail lights (when the engine is actually in it and it's actually running).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011-12-14 11 39 14 (2).jpg (39.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-12-14 11.38.47.jpg (110.2 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-12-14 11 38 33 (2).jpg (39.3 KB, 12 views)
Ultra Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:28 PM   #8
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

hey linda whats with the 4 prong cannon plug in the back? those 8 bolt holes look like they are going to be a bear to fix too. i like the tail lights, giving me ideas!
Old 02-13-2012, 12:07 AM   #9
Ultra Lady
Not Yet Wild

Harley Davidson

That plug had the harness cut when I got it so no idea what it HAD been for. The huge bolts in the rear were from a massive 1/4 thick steel plate inside the body back there which was support for a hitch bar it used to have, which is also now gone. There was an old trickle charger plug on one side as well which is gone. Stripping all this junk off so I can fiberglass all the holes over while I'm repairing in the dings and spider web cracks. Getting pretty good at this fiberglass repair! Then my son is fabricating a new tow bar support which will be welded to the angle iron tank support frames underneath for a new hitch which won't interfere with the body tilt up, and i have another chrome "bumper car" style rear bumper for it. It's on the 74 carcass I have at the barn.

The tail lights come on with the 2nd position on the ignition key with the headlights / running lights up front. The tail lights also have a stop and turn circuit which we'll put the turns on a lighted 3 position (on/off/on) rocker and we're going to rig an import style brake switch to brake pedal to operate brake lights.
Ultra Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:38 PM   #10
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

my father in law has a 67 with a hitch on it. he bought it from a airport. all they did was cut some wide angle iron and bolted it between the bumber and the body. he will use it at times as a tugger or pusher for his air plane. he used to have a cesna 180(tail dragger), now he has a piper cub, much lighter! and still uses it as the tugger/pusher in and out of the hanger.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson