lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-20-2011, 01:07 PM   #1
Meck
Not Yet Wild

Question Settings for Max speed on 2006 Precedent

I saw and old Post that recommended setting for programing controller to speed code 4,Fast accel to on, Pedal up off and speed cal to 0. I have an 2006 Precedent IR I think is an IQ system. I would like to know is these setting are still ok.
Meck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-20-2011, 04:53 PM   #2
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Default Re: Settings for Max speed on 2006 Precedent

If your Precedent is an 06 then I think it is IQ. You can check in the link provided or if your serial number starts with the letters PQ then it is an IQ. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...en-system.html
You have to purchase speed code 4 from a dealer for about $125 I think. Someone will correct me if I am wrong about the price but it can vary a little.
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:07 PM   #3
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yep, speed code 4 from a CC dealer. It will let it go 19.6mph.
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 05:47 PM   #4
trigger1937
Gone Wild

Just had my 2008.5 CC set to code 4,...but because my Batteries are so old I can't get more than 15mph on a flat road. With the CC programmer attached I was full throttle and the unit indicated the battery voltage had dropped to 45-46 under current load and therefore my speed would never get high,...except going down hill. The tech showed me that no matter what the code is set for, you can't get the top speed unless you have great batteries that can supply the current and still hold the voltage up. They have to be able to delivery the voltage at full load,..or it will be limited. Since all 24 cells are in series, the max current and voltage is limited to the worst cell you have.
trigger1937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 12:44 PM   #5
Meck
Not Yet Wild

Smile Re: Settings for Max speed on 2006 Precedent

Thank you for the information, But the questions I have are I read an old post about programing code 4 there are settings of to program in addition to speed code 4 such as speed cal that has a range of 0 to 10 that will reduce the speed from max by .5 mph per increment starting with 0 being the fastest. There is a fast acell setting and a pedal up setting that has to be set. I believe the post was from TahoeDawgZ71?
Meck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 01:48 PM   #6
trigger1937
Gone Wild

Meck,..All of what you said is true. However, the "Speed Quality" setting are just the opposite of what one would think. A setting of "0" will give you the max speed for whatever code is loaded. A setting of "10" will drop the speed.
trigger1937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car