lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-27-2011, 07:13 PM   #1
wilzy14
Not Yet Wild

Default back fires

I have a 2006 gas precdent model it back fires through the carb at low rpm. I have cleaned carb,installed new air and fuel filter. Any help would be appricated Thanks
wilzy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-27-2011, 07:44 PM   #2
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Default Re: back fires

How did you clean the carb? Did you pull it off and give it a tear down and cleaning or did you pull the tube and sprya the crap in the whole? If you sprayed and prayed, it might be worth your time to pull it and clean it out!

Also how old is the gas in the tank? This cheap gas we run know is crap! It will hold for about 30 days and then you have some funky gas! Even with stabilizer its having issues!mostly noticed was the summer blend. I still have gas in mine form january, and still runs, but its showing its face! Need to take her out for a cruise! To loose the bad gas! I used seafoam. Its a cleaner and stabilizer. But i use stabil before for that, with no issues either. Just a thought.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:49 PM   #3
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Oh snap... I dont recal what fuel pump is on this, if its a metal one or a plastic one, if its metal pull the 4 screws off and give it a good cleaning! Just be careful yo dont harm any of the gaskets!
Or the plastic diaphram!

Check and verify your pulse line is not leaking or kinked. Its the line from the engine to the fuel pump. Not the line from the tank or the carb. Simple easy stuff to look at in addition to what you have already done.
Oh and look at the plug, is it gap ok, dirty? Worth the 2.50 bucks for a new one? I like to run the ngk the knawaski came with origaninal. Should be a bpr5es or a bp53s. The r model is a restistor plug!
Old 09-27-2011, 08:34 PM   #4
wilzy14
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply.The carb was soaked over night and the plug is new fotgot i put one in it.I will clean the fuel pump I never thought about that being dirty i will try that tomorrow. Thank You very much for the help
wilzy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:22 AM   #5
jace1975
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just a thought as I don't know much of anything about these models, is there a valve adjustment on the engine you have. Some small engines are bad about backfiring when the valve lash gets out of adjustment.

Jason
jace1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:01 PM   #6
jace1975
Gone Wild

Club Car

Any progress on this to report?
Old 10-06-2011, 08:38 PM   #7
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

j pace. the ohv if it has a 290 is adjustable, if it has the 400 or 350 it has hydro lifters, no adjustable!
Old 10-06-2011, 09:28 PM   #8
MikeH75
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Carb adjusted properly? Might want to look into possible timing issues as well. Pretty common cause of intake side backfires.
MikeH75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:59 PM   #9
jace1975
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'm just trying to see if this guy found a resolution and what it was. What good are these theads if the ultimate resolution is never posted.

Jason
Old 10-14-2011, 04:27 PM   #10
CC Canada Eh
Not Yet Wild

I had the same problem with my 2005 Precident. I tried everything from gas, to clean carb, spark plug, etc. until one day I open the access panel under floor mat by by gas and brake pedels. It was completely filled with grass, mud, etc. As a result my trottle cable was rusted and not sliding freely to open and close, thus causing the backfire. Cleaned it out and put a new throttle cable, and its been running prefect ever since.

Rick
CC Canada Eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car