lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2008, 05:17 PM   #11
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 81 EZgo power and other questions.

Bob-o
I agree with you. 2 cycle carts are out. Parts are hard to get or discontinued. Any money spent on them is for enjoyment only. Put $3,000.00 in a rice burner and you still have a cart worth $400.00. Better to count your future costs and buy a BUILT late model cart that won't nickel / dime / Ben Franklin ($100.00) you to the cleaners. My 2 cents respectfully submitted!

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-17-2008, 05:27 PM   #12
remlle
Not Yet Wild

Im looking at an ez go 4 stroke for 500 bucks. worth it? I only paid 200 for the cart as a whol.e
remlle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:36 PM   #13
Bob-0
Gone Wild

$500 for a 4 cycle?

I would be affraid of the car.... what all is wrong with it?
A '91 4 cycle in good shape is still worth somewhere in the neighborhood of $1,200.

Perhaps you made a better deal than you though?

Mike, It looks like you and I are on the same page .
I just would like to add (for clarity) that I do like the 2 cycle cars, and I think they are very well built. I tend to view them as buying a blue chip stock, its a huge risk that can have a fun ride but a bad ending
Bob-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:41 PM   #14
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-0 View Post
I tend to view them as buying a blue chip stock, its a huge risk that can have a fun ride but a bad ending
I tend to veiw them as scrap metal
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:16 PM   #15
Bob-0
Gone Wild

LOL....

Oh, Oh... you may like this

Two weeks ago, Dad took all of us out to Dinner at the Outback Steakhouse and he paid for the whole thing from all of the recycle money from coke cans, aluminum engine parts, and about 13 junker Marathons and 4 (ish) GX-444s .... and I am assuming that wasn't a cheap dinner

That was the whole reason we went out.... you know, to thank us for drinking all those cokes
Old 03-17-2008, 06:27 PM   #16
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm concerened as a site sponsor that VERY FEW on here know and understand how much a decent cart should really cost? It seems that other than a handful of regulars that most people think $500.00 is a wise purchase and the rest of the parts can be bought from the lowest bidder?

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:25 PM   #17
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
I'm concerened as a site sponsor that VERY FEW on here know and understand how much a decent cart should really cost? It seems that other than a handful of regulars that most people think $500.00 is a wise purchase and the rest of the parts can be bought from the lowest bidder? I still can't believe that no one purchased Xtreme's Workhorse before me! I hadn't been online with BGW for more than 6 hours before I saw the value in that cart - and snatched it up. What's up out there in Buggieville? Anyone got some input? Keep it clean and nice, I just want to know what's on everyone's mind! I don't care if people buy from us, I just want to assist and educate where I can...
I believe the "Big Block" carts are going the way of the Dodo. With Rhinos and RZRs flooding onto the market I feel you'll see the Big Block cart market shrink to a certain size and stay there, there will always be someone who wants one but if you look at it from a dollar stand point the factory UTVs will win out. They're just more bang for the buck. When I was thinking of putting a big block in one of my workhorses I set down and figured up all the cost, well because I keep a close eye on what carts sell for I knew for around the same money as just an upgrade to one of my carts (that was all ready worth several thousand dollars) I could just buy a whole other cart that was close to what I wanted. If I was to upgrade a cart I already had, right off the bat I would have lost a grand over the cost of the upgrade and value of my cart. Then if I use it, vs selling it, I will loose another grand in value which puts me back to almost where I was as far as value wise with the cart to start with. I've seen many many super nice hopped up carts sell for many thousands less than what their owners have in them. It's just how the market has been for the last year. I'm guessing that if someone is going to dump $7000 at one time, in a cart they'll end up with a Rhino or something like that instead. I bought my 02 st480 with 356hrs for $2500 over a year ago, I mean come on, It's a factory cart with locking rear, hydraulic brakes, vtwin, that will run over 35mph with a governor adjustment and bigger tires. or I could have taken one of my other workhorse cart which was easy worth $2500, dump another $2500 and had a cart that might sell for $4000 if the stars are right. So anyone whose wants to do a big block cart and has taken these things into account, will want to start with a cart that cost them the least amount of money. This way, if they don't place a value on their time they might just break close to even if they sell it. The big block carts are the stepping stone from a nice stock engine, lifted cart to the 4wd UTVs and their prices reflect this in the open market(at least from what i've seen).
Anyway, Thats my take on the situation or at least a part of it. lots of the people on the forum are true do-it-yourself types and thats another reason they do this, it gives them something to do.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:26 PM   #18
remlle
Not Yet Wild

not 500 for the whole care Im sorry I mis lead you all I ment it was 500 for the motor.
is this a good deal and will it work in my cart. it says it runs and says it has all the needed electircal to hook it up.
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/rvs/561860833.html
Old 03-17-2008, 08:31 PM   #19
Bob-0
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
I'm concerened as a site sponsor that VERY FEW on here know and understand how much a decent cart should really cost? It seems that other than a handful of regulars that most people think $500.00 is a wise purchase and the rest of the parts can be bought from the lowest bidder?
I belive the problem stems from the lack of a standard appraiseal method or source for the cars. Without a blue book, most are not aware of what the true prices are. A LOT of people hear about deals made at golf courses, where a guy bought a 3 year old, "OFF-LEASE" car for $1800-$2300. That car has absolutely NO OPTIONS, and lead a rough life.

Mike, I'm sure you know and understand what I mean when I say that a $500 TXT or Medalist is a peice of JUNK

I'll work on anything I'm told to (gotta pay my flight training loan ), but even a $500 car is something I can't work on.... there is nothing there TO work on
Old 03-17-2008, 08:34 PM   #20
remlle
Not Yet Wild

WEll I paid 200 bucks for my 81 and it works runs and all in all does what I was looking for. Im simply looking for an easy afoable way to make it better but if not then so be it and Ill deal with what I have.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO