lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2019, 07:56 AM   #1
bliebold84
Not Yet Wild

Default 2007 Club Car Battery Configurations

Does anyone have pics showing the 6x8v configuration vs the 4x12v?

I cant get the 12v on the sides out and im thinking this cart was changed before i got it.

Thanks
Blake
bliebold84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2019, 12:53 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 2007 Club Car Battery Configurations

2007 came with 4x12's. If it is a DS, you have to lean them in towards the center and lift up. They come out at a ~30 degree angle....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 09:29 AM   #3
bliebold84
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
2007 came with 4x12's. If it is a DS, you have to lean them in towards the center and lift up. They come out at a ~30 degree angle....
Thanks.

After taking the two middle ones out and trying for an hour i started to think maybe someone converted it. Just have to try again an harness my old man and dad strength to get them out.
bliebold84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 02:23 PM   #4
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

get or make a battery strap to pull them out....
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 12:51 AM   #5
alchemy
Gone Wild

Old man strength is true I found out but it seems to include going beyond old man safety sometimes and not knowing your own strength.
I've laid awake in pain too many times in recent years. Luckily not with batteries so far, even a set of t-145's I just removed, but I can definitely see it happening, especially with a bad angle. I almost just made a battery lift. For me it would have to be fast and easy to compete with the time of just doing it by hand and something that would not end up buried with all my other contraptions to where I need an archaeologist and another machine to get it out
I'd bet some in here know of or have seen battery lifts. I bet manufacturers put the whole pack in at once?
alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 08:58 AM   #6
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

yes sir a modified engine hoist works mighty fine. However in a shop where time is a very important factor....grunt that baby out. Once we took a floor jack on to the bottom of a stuck battery,worked out ok. Swollen batteries are the worst.
As a golf cart electrical mechanic you don't need to go to the gym, just curl some 8 volt, one handed...do left & right handed rep's or you gonna look real funny, especially to your girlfriend
Enjoy the ride
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 12:52 PM   #7
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchemy View Post
Old man strength is true I found out but it seems to include going beyond old man safety sometimes and not knowing your own strength.
I've laid awake in pain too many times in recent years. Luckily not with batteries so far, even a set of t-145's I just removed, but I can definitely see it happening, especially with a bad angle. I almost just made a battery lift. For me it would have to be fast and easy to compete with the time of just doing it by hand and something that would not end up buried with all my other contraptions to where I need an archaeologist and another machine to get it out
I'd bet some in here know of or have seen battery lifts. I bet manufacturers put the whole pack in at once?
They hang the batteries from a hoist and build the cart around them.

To the OP. Are you using a lifting strap? https://www.amazon.com/TROJAN-609628...72429883&psc=1
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 09:15 PM   #8
alchemy
Gone Wild

When I was thinking of making a lift I thought of this chrome medical manual lift I got at an auction somewhere a good while back. I think it's made to hold a broken leg up in the air like in comedies. I probably paid about 5.00 for it. I was thinking fast, light, easy to move, not sure if it would be. I also thought of just a 50# version of an overhead beam/trolley on pneumatic wheels. I'd want it about 8' long so the cart and a table to put the batteries on would fit under it.
Old 08-31-2019, 10:07 PM   #9
swb713
Gone Wild

Columbia

How about just a long 2x4 laid across with the battery tied to it and with the longer end opposite the battery. Use it as a simple lever.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
swb713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 05:21 AM   #10
alchemy
Gone Wild

I considered a lever (with locking) but you need them maybe 3' from the ground and maybe 2-2.5' of lift, still might be a way to make it work.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car