lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2008, 02:02 PM   #1
gsxrfan
Gone Wild

Default Tow/Run Switch

What is the purpose of the tow/run switch? Do I need to put it into tow mode to charge? Or will it be fine to leave it in the run position all the time?
gsxrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2008, 02:16 PM   #2
on18's
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Tow/Run Switch

it shuts the power off to OBC you should put in tow any time you work on cart or push or tow cart
on18's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:36 PM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by on18's View Post
it shuts the power off to OBC you should put in tow any time you work on cart or push or tow cart

just to add to that any time your gonna work on it always disconnect the main pos and neg. battery cables............
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:45 PM   #4
on18's
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
just to add to that any time your gonna work on it always disconnect the main pos and neg. battery cables............
Ty shadowman i forgot that part always to avoid a short if you are working on it
on18's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:49 PM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i see more damage and more 30 dollar jobs turned to 300 dollar jobs because people don,t take the time to disconnect those cables.........also get 1 battery wrench and either dip the whole wrench is liquid elec. tape or tape the whole wrench and leave just the end your using untapped.......better safe than very sorry...................last customer of mine who did that caused himself over 1200 dollars in damage..............................
Old 07-23-2008, 09:14 PM   #6
gsxrfan
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by on18's View Post

So it is okay to leave it in run while charging?? Just wanna make sure I am doing it right!!
gsxrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:36 PM   #7
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

yes you can leave it in run........if you do put it in tow just don,t forget when your done......................................
Old 07-25-2008, 02:02 PM   #8
Steve_Guelph
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I was told by the dealer that if you had to tow it and it was in the run position the brakes kick in as it starts to move. I was also told that if you were not going to use the cart for a long time such as winter or even if you are away on vacation to put it on the tow mode. It cuts power to the obc and won't drain the battery. Not sure how much it would drain but that is what he said. It also works as a safety. I leave my key in most of the time so if a little kid gets on and turns the key on it still won't go until you lift the seat and put the switch to run.

Steve
Steve_Guelph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 08:57 PM   #9
kevinwurst
Not Yet Wild

Help. Hoping I didn't mess up but I bought an 2007 EZGo TXT and everything runs and works great but I didn't notice until today while installing a light that the tow switch is missing and a small cover is over where the switch should be. Any idea why this would of been done and can I install a switch?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
kevinwurst is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
whats it for
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car