lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-05-2016, 05:08 PM   #1
mondo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Questions about my 2000 ezgo

So, I have a few questions about the 2000 ezgo I just picked up. From the research I've done I'm guessing it's a series model being that the f/r switch is under the seat and it has no tow/run switch? And upon further looking, it has a Alltrax Axe controller in it. Is that an upgraded controller?
Now here is where I'm sort of frustrated. I bought new batteries today, US Battery 2200 :), and while at the cart shop I asked about some pricing on lifts. He said he wouldn't lift a series ezgo because with the bigger tires it would really have a tough time pulling hills. <----is this true? I hope not because I was really looking to lift it with bigger tires. Hope I didn't make a disappointing purchase before I did any research on models. Any help is much appreciated! Thanks.
mondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-05-2016, 07:02 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Questions about my 2000 ezgo

#1....YES you have a series cart.
#2....YES its an upgraded controller
#3.....IF the controller was STOCK, that would be true.....your is not, but we don't know what size it is....
There are plenty of us with SERIES carts, with lifts, and use them off-roading all the time.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 07:42 PM   #3
mondo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the reply. I looked for a model/part number on the AXE but didn't see one?
Old 02-05-2016, 08:16 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It should have an AXE4844 type # on it? That will tell use the size of the control. Pity your battery guy who doesn't know the first thing about golf carts.

Go to my website here > http://www.cartsunlimited.net/tech-help-upgrades.html and whether you have series or sepex drive learn more than this guy knows in 10 minutes. LOL
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 07:54 PM   #5
mondo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the replies! Here is a pic of the axe. Still didnt see a number on it.

Also, this weekend I took the front nose piece off to install radio and find out the frame is rusted through...smh. It's worse on the vertical part behind front nose piece. Didn't get a pic of that, was too busy cursing....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0712.jpg (86.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0711.jpg (56.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0710.jpg (86.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0699.jpg (333.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0698.jpg (184.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-22-2016, 05:46 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

That is a short heatsink (6.5"), so it is either an AXE4834 (300A) or an AXE4844 (400A).

There should be a label on the bottom. You might be able to read it using a mirror.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 09:06 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You can hold a cel phone camera under it and take a pic of the bottom end to read it but yeah it's probably on the small side for bigger tires.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 10:56 AM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Following up on a question you asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo View Post
--------------------
He said he wouldn't lift a series ezgo because with the bigger tires it would really have a tough time pulling hills. <----is this true? I hope not because I was really looking to lift it with bigger tires. --------------------
Your cart's original drive system was designed to turn tires that are 18" tall and if taller tires are installed, there will be less available torque and it will slow more going uphill, so it is basically true. However, the original drive system can be upgraded to turn oversized tires and climb hills without slowing excessively.

The taller the tires, the more extensive upgrading is needed.

The controller in your cart has been upgraded, but is the controller installed robust enough to turn the tire you want to put on it remains to be seen.

What can be seen is the the solenoid appears to be stock and the cables are original, which most likely means the F/R switch is original also.

Of course, none of that matters very much at the present since the frame needs to be fixed.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 07:54 PM   #9
mondo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I'll have to look at the bottom for a number then. Picked up another frame today, let the fun begin....
Old 02-22-2016, 08:22 PM   #10
CART-ZILLA
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yeah the other frame look like toast! Good luck I have been in your shoes before with Rusty frames
CART-ZILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO