lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2019, 12:57 PM   #1
Emilio
Not Yet Wild

Default DS seats pre and post '99

Can anyone confirm if the post '99 seat bases and one piece backs will fit on a '99 DS? I need to replace the wood base and reupholster the seats so I'm debating if it's worth recurving what I have or trying to source a set of plastic seat bases and the one piece back uppers used in later DS models.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Emilio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 02:30 PM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: DS seats pre and post '99

I put 96 seat bottom on my 2003 DS. My seats are the suite seats. I did not want the side handles of the newer seats.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 02:32 PM   #3
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Here is a photo,

image.jpg
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 04:11 PM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

The seat bottoms fit the same but the sides and the bases are different. You need the base And the side handles to make it work.

The seat back you can make fit if you remove the mount plates and make an adapter out of a couple pieces of 1" square tube to fit into the groove of the 00+ seat. You'll need about 3" long bolts and some patience to get everything lined up.
The other option is to swap the roof and struts and seat back brackets to the newer style, but that's more expensive.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 10:33 PM   #5
Emilio
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. So to be clear, if I buy the seat base with handles, seat back and mounting brackets it will all fit? Just want to confirm the mounting locations are the same.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Emilio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 10:48 PM   #6
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Here is one I built a couple years ago. New style seat back and old style top. All brackets bolted to the old style . I think this cart is a 1993. I think I had to drill 4 holes for the old style top to work but that was all. The seat back, brackets, sweater basket, and top braces are all newer style. Note the actual seat back here (plywood, foam, and cover) are not the factory style seat back. I made all of that but the factory seat back (if I had one) would have gone where this seat back is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190831_234309006.jpg (352.4 KB, 0 views)
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car