lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2018, 08:09 PM   #1
mtnjpn
Not Yet Wild

Question Help me evict my 2012 precedent electrical demons

Background-
2012 Club Car Precedent. Ran fine, new batteries etc. I can never leave anything stock so I ordered the plum quick executioner motor, an alltrax 500, upgraded wiring etc. Aftermarket charger. OBC gone.

Could never get get controller out of 1 green 5 red blink error state.
Sent it back had it tested, it was fine.
Reinstalled it, same issue. Called tech support and he had me run a wire from small - soleniod to B-. Controller works. Car runs, key works.

Issues: When I turn the key on solenoid kicks on. Is that normal?

Lights - Lights seem to have power all the time even if it is in "tow" mode.
Except when I turn the key on, lights go out and will not come back on until key is turned off.

Please help, I cannot find anything useful so far. I leave for the beach in 2 weeks.
mtnjpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-20-2018, 09:13 PM   #2
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Help me evict my 2012 precedent electrical demons

What error codes do you get in the Alltrax software on the monitor screen without that solenoid wire to the pack ground hooked up? Also, with that wire disconnected do the lights work normally?

How are lights powered? Voltage reducer or wired directly to 1 or 2 batteries?
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 09:35 PM   #3
mtnjpn
Not Yet Wild

No error codes in AllTrax software.
Lights are factory hookup 2 yellow wires.
Old 07-21-2018, 11:22 AM   #4
mtnjpn
Not Yet Wild

I am more worried about the solenoid kicking on when the key is turned on. Is that normal?
Old 07-21-2018, 05:31 PM   #5
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok. First let’s tackle the easy issue. Get your light system running off a voltage reducer connected to the pack and the output connected to the input on the light harness.

Secondly, the solenoid should NOT click when key is on. It sounds to me someone has potentially hacked up your wiring and it is causing you issues. Take off dash and make sure the key switch has NOTHING connected to it other than the green and blue stock wires. Nothing jumped off those connections.
Next, really go back and make sure you’re entire set up is wired precisely to the specs on the alltrax diagram and make absolutely certain you are using the correct diagram.
Also, you’re solenoid is almost assuredly wired Incorrectly if the key is causing it to flip. For now, DO NOT install the diode. Leave it off. Alltrax has built in stop gaps against back current.
Post some pics of your install and we can get a clearer idea on what may be wrong.
Last step is to make sure it is mapped for a club Car Precedent and make sure the inputs and power curve etc. are done correctly.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car