lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-10-2013, 04:46 AM   #1
sws4420
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Replaced Battery Rack - Putting it Back Together

Over the last two days, I've spent some time removing the remnants of the original battery rack from my 1997 TXT. (Yes, that's a long time for an original rack to be in there. Long story short, previous owner was a metal fabricator and built some contraption to hold the batteries in, which allowed them to bounce around an awful lot.)

So I removed the bolts on the rear without much incident, nothing a little p-oil couldn't handle. I had to get creative to remove one of the lower Torx bolts, as it was firmly rusted, gunked, and stripped into place. For a time I thought it was spot-welded. So I got out the pneumatic grinder and took care of that bolt. Also ground off and drilled out the other bolts on that one side.

My question is, what type of bolts do I replace these with? I'm not a mechanic and don't know the ins and outs of fasteners. Not to mention I've all but destroyed what was in the hole to begin with. Was hoping there was an exploded view with information, but can't find any. Was also hoping there was something similar to the body rivet kit that would just send all necessary bolts to my house in a nice little package, but I guess not.

Thank you in advance.
sws4420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2013, 09:09 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Replaced Battery Rack - Putting it Back Together

Google 'pic of round head torx bolt' to see what was used.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:07 AM   #3
sws4420
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Replaced Battery Rack - Putting it Back Together

Ok, thanks. I was planning on using something stainless, as I'd think it'd hold up to that environment better than a regular steel bolt. I'll just go to the hardware store and do my best to find the hex head ones as well.
sws4420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO