lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2008, 02:58 PM   #1
sparkey
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy 88 club car fuel line help

Hi, New to the forum. I have an 88 club car that the motor was in pieces. Now as I put it back in the cart, I have no idea where the fuel lines go. I have 2 lines that come off the fuel pump attached to the fuel tank. I am pretty sure that 1 lines goes to the top of the carb, and the other goes to the stub underneath the carb that generates airflow when the engine turns.

I then have a stub that is located underneath the carb more towards the center of the engine. Where does this one go?? When the engine runs it spits oil out of it..... Does anyone have a pic that they could send or walk me through this?

Please help..Thanks!
sparkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-19-2011, 09:27 AM   #2
tiger77
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 88 club car fuel line help

Did you ever get help?

I have a similar problem. Just bought 91 CC gas. It is running rough. There is also gas leaking from somewhere onto front of engine. The fuel filters we backward, so I switched them. I see diagrams on this site, but the fuel lines start and end in the individual diagrams. I have a hose from carb & nub on front of engine that go nowhere. Do you have an overall pic and/or diagram of what this cart should look like under the seat if all is proper?
tiger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:59 PM   #3
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Everything U need to know
Attached Files
File Type: pdf fe290-400.pdf (2.36 MB, 47 views)
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:47 PM   #4
Land Owner
Gone Wild

Club Car

I think, from the OP's post date, that this was a joke - on us. Maybe Sparkey's first post, now approaching a million I think.

If not, then the short answer is the vacuum hose that powers the fuel pump.
Land Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:41 PM   #5
tiger77
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the responce. I am new to this, so apologies if this is in wrong place. Not hijacking post, just seemed similar question.

That said, Gleemo, I have KF82 (fz340d) engine. Ithink similar but different from manual posted?

L.O. The lower nub on engine is going to fuel pump. The nub in question is 90°nub mid engine above fuel pump nub and below Carb. I'll see if I can get a pic posted if still unclear.

Also, since front of engine was covered in gas after running, I removed and cleaned Carb and made new gaskets. Before I reinstall, I am questioning the spacer between Carb and engine. The one that was on cart marched up perfectly on engine side, but not on Carb side. (Carb exit is round, spacer entrance squared on bottom. Maybe this is right. Never have removed Carb before and after seeing other "repairs" done half right by whoever had this cart before me, I am questioning any unknown.

Thanks for any help!
-Andy
Old 02-20-2011, 02:35 PM   #6
tiger77
Not Yet Wild

Update...
The nub in question is on the tappet cover, and mine, after looking at posted diagrams, appears to be upside down!. It doesn't seat correctly that way (might explain gas everywhere). So I'm flipping it over. I'm assuming the nub is for a breather hose and probably fine as is.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:54 PM   #7
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

well why did'n U say so (or did U ).
There are 3 diagrams here, right click on each,Save to your system then U can zoom all U want.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KF82_sec1_diag.jpg (122.9 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg KF82_sec2_diag.jpg (78.0 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg KF82_sec3_diag.jpg (23.4 KB, 15 views)
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car