lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-12-2012, 10:12 AM   #1
Iceberg57
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Gas cap vent

Newbie here. Have 2001 CC DS that I've had for about 8months now. Has run flawlessly till just the other night in colder weather than it has been driven in before. Started an drove for about 200yds then it lost all power and slowed to a stop. I hadent put gas I for awhile so I immediately assumed I had run it out. It was dark and raining and hard to see so I lifted the seat and pulled the cap off to pear into the tank with light from my cell phone. There appeared to be gas at the bottom of the tank Small amount. So I buttoned it up hit the pedaled and it fired up and made it about a mile home. The next morning before I could get to the gas station same thing. Stalled, remove cap, check fuel, replace cap and started right back up and made it to the station. Filled the tank and checked the cap for a vent as this was the first thing that came to mind but didn't see an obvious vent. Drove for about an hour with no incident except a slight (seemingly) loss of top end. Is the cap vented or is the tank? Dose this sound like what the problem is?
Iceberg57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-12-2012, 10:25 AM   #2
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Default Re: Gas cap vent

your tank should have a vent on it. its the tube coming from top to the frame area. its a black 90 thing. i have a hole in my cap, its a 99. there another discussion on here taliking about the same issue. i would make sure you tank vent is clear, the tube is clear. they do put a plug in the end, to keep most bugs and such out of the tube. so if you see a 4 sided thingy in the end, its the bug keeper outer thingy. otherway you may asume to check the tank vent is to leave you cap on loose, not tight and drive. if this helps out, you know it has a vent issue.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car