lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2012, 03:35 PM   #1
snake91876
Getting Wild

Default What gives more power bigger controller or 48v conversion

I have a 93 marathon series cart. It has a slightly larger 300npx alltrax controller and stock 2 or 2.5 hp motor. It is 36volts. Will i get bigger power gain going to a alltrax 400 amp controller or converting to the 48volts. I dont really wanna pop wheelies i just want to come up hills on neighborhood roads and maybe run faster. It seems that it takes off strong but when we get on long hills it slows to a crawl. Also it is lifted but has stock height tires. If i go up in tire size what will help the most a 400amp or the 48volt conversion. I am wanting the most bang for my buck. thanks guys , awesome forum
snake91876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2012, 06:30 PM   #2
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What gives more power bigger controller or 48v conversion

If you go to 48v, odds are you'll get at least a 400a controller anyhow. If you can swing it, I'd do that. A 400a 36v controller's improvement will be mostly negated by larger tire diameter. As far as most improvement for least cost get the 400a controller, 2ga cables (a complete set, not just battery jumpers.) Clean your contacts in the FNR and all the poles where the power cables connect to their respective components. A clean current path is your best friend. Might want to pull that motor and at least clean it if you can't afford to rebuild it. A new set of brushes will probably do a lot to wake it up.
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:36 PM   #3
snake91876
Getting Wild

Default Re: What gives more power bigger controller or 48v conversion

how hard are the brushes to put in.
snake91876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO