lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2011, 09:38 PM   #1
Hardatwork
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Forward & Reverse switch

I have what I think is a 81 ezgo 2 cycle cart. The forward & reverse switch does not have a stop you kinda have to play with it to get it in the right spot to make contact. My question is should it stop when it is in the correct place for the engine to start. It is not a problem for me but my wife will never figure it out. I know some of you guys know all there is to know about Ezgo golf carts. I appreciate all the help.

Thank You

Chuck
Hardatwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2011, 05:53 PM   #2
Hardatwork
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Forward & Reverse switch

I must be wording this wrong. On the forward & reverse switch there is a place that the contacts match up and the starter turns the engine over on my switch it will turn past the place that the contacts match up. Should the switch stop at that point? Mine will go past that point and I must turn it back to the contact point. Also it is very hard to turn can it be lubricated?

Thanks

Chuck
Old 01-03-2011, 06:03 PM   #3
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Yes it should stop at the correct place. There may be several reasons for this not happening. I would suggest that you disconnect the battery and remove the screw in the center of the black handle. Now on the top edge of the firewall you can see the two bolts that hold the switch so remove those and the switch will now be accessible. Have a look to see if the stop pins are sheared off. On mine the reverse buzzer microswitch arm had got mangled and made the action very tight. A liitle massage with a pair of pliers got it fixed. Let is know what you see.
Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:46 PM   #4
ezgasrider
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I think my gasser's shifter is missing the the little ball the "pops" into the various positions...forward, neutral and reverse....maybe that is the problem with yours. I haven't had a chance to find something that will work. I sure don't want to buy a whole assembly for just a littel ball!
ezgasrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:39 AM   #5
Hardatwork
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Box View Post
Yes it should stop at the correct place. There may be several reasons for this not happening. I would suggest that you disconnect the battery and remove the screw in the center of the black handle. Now on the top edge of the firewall you can see the two bolts that hold the switch so remove those and the switch will now be accessible. Have a look to see if the stop pins are sheared off. On mine the reverse buzzer microswitch arm had got mangled and made the action very tight. A liitle massage with a pair of pliers got it fixed. Let is know what you see.
Dave
Dave
Thanks I took it apart and it just needed some TLC. I read your entire blog about your cart quite a Journey very interesting.Thanks for your help. I am working on a 81 that I will take to the lake this summer. One thing at a time starting with the small things first. I am finding that the more i find out about it the more I need to attend to.

Thanks

Chuck
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO