lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2010, 08:07 PM   #1
Naples Native
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Help with bounce.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifte...-new-ride.html
I'm asking for help over here now because I believe my problem may be more of a precedent issue than a tire issue. Has anybody ever had any of these symptoms?
Naples Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2010, 09:38 PM   #2
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Help with bounce.

Sooooo whats the problem?
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:46 PM   #3
Naples Native
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

By clicking on "New Ride" it will take you too my ongoing thread in another section. The problem is My 2006 Precedent has a very annoying bounce to it, more noticeable at higher speeds.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:12 PM   #4
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Either you have to much air in the tires or there are flat spots on the tires from sitting long periods of time.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:40 PM   #5
sb2bb
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Do you have some rocks in the tread.... maybe????
sb2bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:13 AM   #6
Naples Native
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfcarfixer View Post
Either you have to much air in the tires or there are flat spots on the tires from sitting long periods of time.
Tires and wheels are new. Cart is new to me so I don't know if this was pre- existing before the new tires or not. Like I said if you click on my link in the first post you can see where this has been ongoing in a different section of the forum. Very frustrating.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:07 AM   #7
wilster734
IDK&YDE

Club Car

As you stated i think in your last post on new ride about the motor, is this something you can check while you have it on jack stands? What i am getting at is, is the motor surging under load,at certain speeds,or all the time?
wilster734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:18 AM   #8
Naples Native
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

It's all the time. Never thought about it, but I will try it up on jack stands and see. But like you just mentioned it may only be under a load. Will check though. Thanks.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:11 AM   #9
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

NAPLES NATIVE this is an ongoing problem with many brands of tires and especially like tread patterns you have for some reason? Tread seems to cause a pulsing bounce effect worse when cold but never gone when hot? That along with the way manufacturers are shipping tires is bound to cause problems? Bundeling tires inside each other and bending them in half, turning them into cork screws and allowing them to stay for long periods of time will ruin the rubber compound to globbs rather than smooth true shapes? All to save a few dollars on shipping?
Do you know of a motor cycle shop that has a bubble tire balancer ( not a spin balancer ) ( similiar to Harbor Freight Number 39741 ) as it will show how heavy one piont on tire is over rest of tire, and can be used to balance cart tires?
In the old days ( 1930-60 ) truing equipment was around that tire was power rotated and high spots were cut off of tread, but I doubt any are around anymore and besides it wouldnt solve all of problem but might help some?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car