lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2019, 11:16 AM   #1
Apexcars
Not Yet Wild

Default Plowman's performance kit on Drive 2

I recently received my Plowman's Performance kit for my 2017 Drive 2 Fleet EFI. I'm not sure if something is missing but there is almost nothing in the way of install instructions with the kit. I'm going off internet videos and the service manual to go ahead and install it.

My real question is what all is involved in the tuning process? One of the pages I did get says that the back seat needs to be off the cart when you call. It is a giant pain to take the rear seat off and I modified my rear access panel so that I can remove most of it without taking the seat off. Those of you who have done the kit before, do you think this would be good enough or do you think the seat really needs to be off for some reason?
Apexcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2019, 11:54 AM   #2
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Default Re: Plowman's performance kit on Drive 2

Call Plowman's to get technical support.

This is from Plowman's website ... who are BGW site sponsors:

"Don Plowman takes pride in personally providing technical & mechanical support to his customers. Call Plowman's. Ask for Don. Don't be surprised when he comes to the phone to help you out."

ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 12:05 PM   #3
Apexcars
Not Yet Wild

I will definitely be calling him when I am near the cart. I know he is busy right now because he just got back from vacation. I was just curious about what the tuning process involves.
Old 07-08-2019, 06:55 PM   #4
Apexcars
Not Yet Wild

So no one has gone through the tuning process with him?
Old 07-09-2019, 07:50 AM   #5
Yzshooter
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I have not personally went through the process with Don but he explained it to me on the phone when I was considering going that route. If I remember correctly there was a list of tools in the info in the kit and once the cart was ready you are to call him and he walks you through each step. (valve adjust, cables, governor, carb, air box mod, etc...) I do remember he said it takes longer for some guys than others. I think I would remove the rear to make the process easier and faster even though it will be a pain to remove. (I have a similar situation with a custom rear seat/hauling bed) I removed mine once for other maintenance and was glad I did.

BTW. Only reason for not going with Don's kit is I feel my G16 engine is on it's last leg due to crankshaft end play and any performance mods may shorten it's soon to end life....

HTH....Al
Yzshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 12:07 PM   #6
plum426
Not Yet Wild

Don helped me with my 2019 Fleet EFI. Went from 16-18 mph to 29-30 mph. Huge difference. Don will wall you thru all the tuning steps. Takes about an hour. He’ll tell you what to do and then you call him back for the next step. I have the full power kit from Don.
plum426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 02:21 PM   #7
Apexcars
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info. Plum, can you tell me a little of what you did. Am I going to be pulling the head or opening up the transmission or anything like that?
Old 07-10-2019, 04:23 PM   #8
plum426
Not Yet Wild

I sent my rear clutch in for Don to machine, he sent it back with a new spring, and air filter. The rest throttle and governor adjustments. I have 20” tires on my cart and literally picked up 12+ MPH. He helped with my G14 with similar results.
plum426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 06:33 AM   #9
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

I just bought a 2019 quietech EFI yesterday. I had the shop back off the gov? and it will do 22mph on the flat. I am interested in Plowmans kit but will it void the 4 yr warranty?
Is there anything else i could do for a quicker take off? More torque? Its all stock tires.
Thanks
caokgafamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 12:52 AM   #10
freshdaymusic
Not Yet Wild

Default Plowman's performance kit on Drive 2

Apex,

I have the perf kit from plowmans. To answer your question:

1. No you won’t open the trans
2. You probably won’t even do a valve adjustment cause yours is so new.

Call don, tell him you just received your kit. He will make you a priority because you bought his kit. He’s going to have you install it and then he’s going to give you phone instructions on fine tuning things like your cable adjustments etc. yours if EFI so carb adjustments don’t apply but do call him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
freshdaymusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha