lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-19-2018, 10:39 PM   #1
GTL
Not Yet Wild

Default Cart rebuild for good torque

Hello, new to the forum and a noob to all this electric cart stuff. Please forgive me, I guess I have to start somewhere.

I currently have a 2006 EZ-Go 36V txt PDS cart. Stock motor and 300A Curtis controller. Lifted, 22” all terrain tires on what I would say is a stock 8” wheel(I think). This cart is almost strictly used for hunting. I’m currently working with a dealer and this is what I’m getting(I hope it’s what I need).

Converting to 48V, 6 8v batteries
Alltrax XCT500 PDS Controller
2 Gauge Cable Set
400 Amp Solenoid, 36V SOL-1023
Admiral Motor, EZGO PDS/DCS MOT-B2
Battery Charger, Lester Summit Series II, 36-48V Auto Ranging Voltage 13-27A , EZGO Powerwise

Any thoughts? Will I have good torque after this setup with 22” tires or do I need to get smaller tires?
GTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-20-2018, 05:48 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart rebuild for good torque

GTL....that is the exact same set up I just built for my nephew last fall for his hunting cart.....and he LOVES it. the only difference is his tires are 23". so as long as the dealer sets up the controller right, and you have no reason to believe he won't, you should be good to go! and yes you should have plenty of torque and end up with a top speed on flat ground in the neighborhood of 25 mph.

OH BTW......Congrats on the new ride and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives’, husbands, girlfriend’s and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 06:15 AM   #3
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yes, that is a great setup and should get you some real torque.

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 10:03 AM   #4
GTL
Not Yet Wild

I just realized through some research the guy I’m dealing with is sponsor on this forum. I feel very confident I’m in good hands.

My guard was up when trying to find someone to rebuild my cart because I’ve had some bad experiences in the past from other so called “professionals”.
Old 08-20-2018, 11:33 AM   #5
CrazyDad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

That setup is similar to what I have also except the charger. You’ll have to break in the motor for the first few hours. Your going to get a big smile when you feel the torque and you’ll double your top speed just be careful. Enjoy!
CrazyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 11:56 AM   #6
GTL
Not Yet Wild

Glad to hear the good reviews. I’m not concerned with top speed at all. I need this baby to pull up hills and such.

How exactly do I break in the motor?
Old 08-20-2018, 08:15 PM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Drive gently, with no full throttle launches.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 09:14 AM   #8
Fegarex
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a 2003 TXT PDS 36v and upgraded with the same controller and solenoid and LOVE it! The difference was night and day. I am saving my pennies to do the motor and battery upgrade as well.
Fegarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 12:31 PM   #9
CrazyDad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTL View Post
Glad to hear the good reviews. I’m not concerned with top speed at all. I need this baby to pull up hills and such.

How exactly do I break in the motor?
Ask for all your install instructions from your installer. The motor comes with break in instructions. Besides what has been mentioned you need to be careful not to overheat it while it’s breaking in. They have you touch the motor often, I got tired of crawling on the ground and went to harbor freight and got a laser thermometer for 20ish bucks after coupon.
CrazyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO