lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2014, 05:51 PM   #1
Sumner121
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default First golf cart build. 94 DS

Just thought I'd share my last year of progress with you guys. I bought a 94 DS with all the working components and the frame last year for $100. Originally, I thought I would just put a body on it and sell it for alot of money. It didn't take long for me to become completely addicted to the point where selling is way out of the question for this guy.
This is the 36 volt cart that I purchased. First picture is how I bought it. the next few are the small progressions I made the first couple weeks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golfcart6.jpg (32.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg golfcart1.jpg (42.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg golfcart4.jpg (35.4 KB, 0 views)
Sumner121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2014, 05:53 PM   #2
Sumner121
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: First golf cart build. 94 DS

At this point, I was proud of the progress made but far from satisfied. I bought the front end. Brush guard. Diamond Plated Sidings, 400 amp alltrax controller, HD solenoid for 48 volts, and traded in the T-105's for the 8 volts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golfcart5.jpg (38.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-04-2014, 05:56 PM   #3
Sumner121
Getting Wild
Club Car

After all of that I still got bored quickly. I installed the scottyb Digital meter instead of the bar graph and bigger tires (first photo). The tires were just barely rubbing.. so the 4 inch lift kit went on (second photo). Now the future definitely plans for a plum quick bandit upgrade. I have spacers for the front and rear tires to give the appearance of a wider stance, also I am thinking of buying the matching rear brush guard. Any thoughts guys?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golfcart.jpg (90.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg golfcart3.jpg (77.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-04-2014, 06:48 PM   #4
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

My thought is you have been bitten. Looking good the lift made a big difference.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:52 PM   #5
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

Talking Re: First golf cart build. 94 DS

I like it. You should be proud of the work you did. It's nice to do the work yourself and then continue to explore new options. It's an addiction
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:35 PM   #6
Sumner121
Getting Wild
Club Car

I appreciate the feedback guys, and absolutely! I love knowing every single part in this golf cart plus really saving alot of money on the build. I feel like if I bought something like this at a dealer I would've spent a fortune and knew nothing about the mechanics.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:49 PM   #7
physcoflip
Getting Wild
Club Car

Looking real good! It is a great feeling to polish what other people see as a turd and turn it in to something special with your own two hands.
physcoflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car