lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-06-2014, 08:01 PM   #11
fastbasser
Getting Wild

Default Re: stall/quit??

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPABEAR1 View Post
More info may help .....
I do have a high speed motor in the Precedent. It feels as though the motor just locks up for a split second.. Once stopped all works again. As I stated in the first post, it has happened 2 times. Neither at WOT by the way.

The 96 just wont go forward or reverse without smashing down on the pedal.. As you can imagine, there is quite a jolt when it goes from nothing to WOT instantly..

thanks again..
fastbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2014, 07:24 AM   #12
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

A loose connection can cause that kind of problem also. Don't cost much the fix. Check every wire and cable you have.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:03 PM   #13
fastbasser
Getting Wild

Just got off the phone with the shop we sent the "in laws" cart to... They said it is a "regen 1" and do not want to work on it....... They did say it could be any number of things and didn't want to start throwing parts at it and "nickle and diming " us to death..

With good news like that,,, any idea what could cause the **** thing not to
go with out stomping on the pedal??

Lastly, since I picked this **** thing up (and will most likely have to eat it... ), do you guys think it would be a candidate for a motor/controller swap?

Thanks
fastbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:31 PM   #14
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

My Regen 1 does not snap your head back even when you "mash down" on the accelerator - in fact the acceleration is fairly gradual. So if your cart is really leaping off the line when you floor it - it points to the controller as the cause. After you mash-down-on-it can you release the pedal a bit and cruise normally?
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:59 PM   #15
mymonstertruck
Gone Wild

Club Car

You can change the throttle response on the controllers. It just depends on how you have your controller programed.
mymonstertruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:02 PM   #16
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

. . . what type of pie shaped box do you have under the driver's seat? Does it have 3 micro switches or a wiper arm inside of it?
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:18 PM   #17
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Nope! You cannot change the throttle response on Regen 1 controllers (except at factory) and its unlikely his old Tee shaped black controller was set to neck-snap on start! That's why I asked whether it could cruise or can only barrel down the road at WOT. It is a really good question whether he has a pie shaped box under the seat, or a pot-box under the floor like me.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:43 PM   #18
mymonstertruck
Gone Wild

Club Car

If your going to spend the time and money to replace the controller I would install a after market.
mymonstertruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:07 PM   #19
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

No real choice - Regen 1 controllers are no longer manufactured or sold (by OEM) and haven't been for quite a few years. There is one place I know of that will repair them for $100 (swap). Second option would be to convert to Regen 2 (about triple the cost of above). That's assuming it IS the controller - first he will need to do tests to confirm that.

Regen 1 is a very unique beast - read about it HERE. His options for upgrading and repairing are somewhat limited (financially anyway).
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car