lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Diesel swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2013, 05:04 AM   #141
cramblit26
I'm 'That Guy"!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Turbocharge a 10hp Diesel....WHAT?!?

The engine has pressurized/splashed lubrication, So I was good on pressure. On the back of the crank case there is a port drilled and tapped for a low oil pressure sensor that just so happened to be the same thread pattern for the oil feed line that came with the turbo. So all i really had to do was screw it in. For the oil return though is a different story.
cramblit26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-23-2015, 02:13 PM   #142
mucklizard
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Got any recent pics of cart? What lug pattern is it?
mucklizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 07:52 AM   #143
cramblit26
I'm 'That Guy"!

Mixed Breed

Unfortunately not. I have pulled the motor out and it is currently sitting on the shelf waiting for a home. I have put the buggy in the covered lean-to off of our pole barn so its out of the way. I do not have a practical use for it anymore. The property we bought was way too hilly. it has five lug rims, but I do not know the lug measurement.
I do know they are 20x10 tires though.
Old 12-28-2015, 08:01 AM   #144
cramblit26
I'm 'That Guy"!

Mixed Breed

Attached is a stock pic of what I upgraded to. The one I have is forest green though. Its powered by a Kohler 277cc, it's a LM300 2wd but I got a set of chains with it and I made a plow for it. The 2wd doesn't really hurt it, but I don't go mud bogging or drift busting with it. I keep telling myself its a tool not a toy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LM300.jpg (58.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-04-2016, 10:46 PM   #145
Jakedurham.25
Not Yet Wild

Hey there I'm very interested in buying one of these motors and doing this but I'm just curious how long you have had the motor turbocharged? And have you hAD any problems with it since its been turbocharged? If Idk buy one of these I will be putting it on my boat and putting my long tail mud motor kit on it I have a 420cc pred at or on my boat right now but it's just not cutting it I would like to have more power
Jakedurham.25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 06:43 AM   #146
cramblit26
I'm 'That Guy"!

Mixed Breed

To be honest. I haven't had any issues arise from turbo charging this diesel. The only issue I've had with the motor was having to replace the injector just recently. which seems about right for the length of time I've had the engine. this combo will definitely give you more umph! for your boat. It is definitely a great torque gain, even thought the horsepower gain itself is no second to none as well.+
Old 04-05-2016, 02:40 PM   #147
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Cram, how've you been? Once I a get the couple of open projects done, I plan to slap the turbo kit on my Gator. 18hp diesel with a turbo should be cool.
Pitbull Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 08:15 AM   #148
cramblit26
I'm 'That Guy"!

Mixed Breed

I'm doing ok. lots of life changes have occupied most of my time for the past couple years. I've seen some other diesel gators with turbos and man do they rip. Your going to lose yourself in all that power. What's new with Joe these days?
Old 04-08-2016, 11:32 PM   #149
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Same here buddy, only one by life change (baby daughter) but lots of affects. I've just been trying to juggle work, family time, keeping up with the property and saving a tiny amount of time for toys/projects.
Pitbull Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 10:13 PM   #150
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitbull Joe View Post
Same here buddy, only one by life change (baby daughter) but lots of affects. I've just been trying to juggle work, family time, keeping up with the property and saving a tiny amount of time for toys/projects.
Ha, could not have said it better myself! Even more fun when you have to work on the weekends.

Worked at one place long ago they had a huge mower with a 45hp turbo diesel. May have been a mitsu motor. It cut 16' wide. Anyway it was a 4 cylinder and I always thought that would be cool in a buggy or cart of some kind. Maybe getting too big an engine but it sounded pretty cool too with the turbo whine.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
10hp, air cooled, diesel, turbo, turbocharger
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Diesel swaps