lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-12-2009, 07:34 PM   #1
jluck
Not Yet Wild

Default 88 2cycle help

ok im working on a 1988 2 cycle. ive rebuilt the engine new jug, piston, rings, and seals, new fuel filter, and plug. cart also has new carb, fuel pump and exhaust.
comp is 124psi, has spark, and fuel
it still wont run acts as if its loading up and fouls the plug, if you unhook the gas line once it starts to run out of gas it takes off
all the basics have been try'd i've rebuilt around 30 ezgo 2 cycles and im lost on this one help me out guys
jluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-12-2009, 08:05 PM   #2
nomo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 88 2cycle help

If you unhook the gas line and as it burns out the remaining fuel in the carburetor, it begins to get better just before it runs out of fuel, then I would suspect the float and or needle & seat problem. Sounds like the carburetor is overflowing. Just my 2 cents. nomo
nomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:10 PM   #3
jluck
Not Yet Wild

ive checked the float and have tryed two different carbs the new carb was over jetted so i cleaned up the old jets and installed in the new carb but still didnt help.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:36 PM   #4
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The exhaust on the 2 cycles plug and need to be burned out. They restrict the airflow. You actually throw the pipe in a bonfire and cook the oil out of it. Yes, believe it or not...There are pictures in the EZ GO gas section of the home page. That may, or may not, be it.
I have seen a piston installed backwards. That didn't work well either.
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:04 PM   #5
jluck
Not Yet Wild

piston is in right already checked that.
tryed unbolting the muffler and didnt help.
i have to be missing something stupid ive tryed everything and been working on this for 3 weeks now lol
Old 10-12-2009, 10:23 PM   #6
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

if it is loading up with fuel you could check the fuel pump diaphragm. could be getting raw fuel into the crankcase and flooding it out. but it does sound like a carb issue.... just my 2c
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:08 PM   #7
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sccowboy View Post
if it is loading up with fuel you could check the fuel pump diaphragm. could be getting raw fuel into the crankcase and flooding it out. but it does sound like a carb issue.... just my 2c
I would check that out. That's about all you have left for the fuel system. You could have a bad ground somewhere, or a coil is going bad. As a matter of fact, my cart would barely run this morning. The batt. ground was loose from installing a tach too quickly It ran great after I tightened it. A bad coil can give a poor spark, intermittant spark and cause it to load up.
Good Luck with it...
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:05 AM   #8
jluck
Not Yet Wild

ive took the new fuel pump apart and the diaphram is still good so its not that and i was thinkin the coil but it sparks good when the plugs out but maybe its weak under pressure
Old 10-25-2009, 05:47 PM   #9
harper34
Not Yet Wild

Not sure if this will help. I just bought a cart and the fuel pump had been replaced before i got it. I was getting to much fuel and flooding out the cart. So i took off the Carb and it was bone dry. When i cranked it to see if pump was working nothing came out the line, but fuel still coming out the muffler, after a few seconds it kicked over and ran, with the carb off and tank out, turned out the lines were backwards on the fuel pump and the fuel was going into the bottom of the crank. I switched the lines reinstalled the tank and fuel pumped out the carb line. Now I need to rebuild the carb and hopefully it will run.
harper34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO