lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2019, 06:19 PM   #21
Rurki
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Lithium Project is a Go!

After speaking to Jkerle, I found the remaining issue. Which was to bypass the charge interconnect in the Alltrax controller.

Test run was smooth. The pickup speed was crazy compared led acid. However , the 58.4 10amp charger isn't charging properly. I need to inspect why. I went from. 50% SoC to 46% SoC. Test charging for a couple hours to see what happens.

Below are some build images. I could not have done it without you guys. Thanks so much for the help.

More images to come. I went with 1/4 thick plexiglass to cover the terminals, then sealed it with clear silicone.

Charging line is missing in the images, but it's there [emoji1]

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Rurki is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-12-2019, 12:51 AM   #22
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurki View Post
After speaking to Jkerle, I found the remaining issue. Which was to bypass the charge interconnect in the Alltrax controller.

Test run was smooth. The pickup speed was crazy compared led acid. However , the 58.4 10amp charger isn't charging properly. I need to inspect why. I went from. 50% SoC to 46% SoC. Test charging for a couple hours to see what happens.

Below are some build images. I could not have done it without you guys. Thanks so much for the help.

More images to come. I went with 1/4 thick plexiglass to cover the terminals, then sealed it with clear silicone.

Charging line is missing in the images, but it's there [emoji1]

Nice build! What did you use on the corner of the pack for anti chafing under the CAN bus cable?

Until you get confidence in your SOC meter just use your Volt meter and that discharge chart. I used a label maker listed the approximate available percentage next to the meter.

I think the numbers I used were these:
100% : 58.4v
75% : 56v
50% : 54.6v
25% : 53.2v
Empty (10%) : 52v
0% : 51.1v
(BMS LV disconnect is actually set at 47.88v)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
MCJEFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 06:37 AM   #23
Rurki
Not Yet Wild

Thanks , I think I'll do the same and make a chart. I am test charging this morning for a couple hours to see if it moves up.

How long does it normally take the 58.4v 10amp charger to charge the pack?

Disregard the ugly old fuse panel on the right. I have a new blue seas box coming in today [emoji16]

I also joined the Facebook group Golf Carts Modified.

The tape I used is a 3m rubber insolation. It's thick and sticks well, so I put it on almost every corner, bolt or surface a cable can come in contact with.

3M 2228

https://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-Scotc...BA-5/202195402

Thanks again.

Old 08-12-2019, 09:40 AM   #24
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Are you saying when charging you SoC meter goes down from 50% to 46%?

If so, you may have your Hall Effect sensor backwards.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 10:13 AM   #25
Rurki
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
Are you saying when charging you SoC meter goes down from 50% to 46%?

If so, you may have your Hall Effect sensor backwards.
I followed the 101, there is an image of the sensor the post above. I didn't know they had to go a specific direction. Now I'll have to double check that

Something is pulling .5A on the current readout when the pack is turned on.

I have to recheck the connections to the charger. It came with 3 fuses and I have popped all three, so I don't think it was ever charging.

The charger has a blue and brown, which blue was load and brown was neutral. I connected them to the terminal block as the Caldwell diagram.

I power on the pack and then plug in the charger then the fuse pops. With the pack on I am currently reading 52.6v on the terminal block. With it off, nothing.
Old 08-12-2019, 10:13 AM   #26
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

The Hall Effect sensor looks to be oriented correctly to me... if the sensor is flipped then it will show reverse current and the BMS will think that it is dischargingwhen charging. Possibly double check the CAN bus wiring.

I can't see how the charger is wired in the pictures to help with that one.

I'm sure that your already double checking your wiring on the output of the charger. Whats the charger reading without any load? I like to use a polarized quick disconnects on the output of the charger.

The way the pack is wired the terminal board will be isolated from the pack any time the anderson connector is removed or the Gigavac contactor is opened by the BMS. So with the BMS On you should read B+ on the Terminal board. With the BMS off or Sleep the Gigavac will open and the terminal board will read 0v.

I usually see a .5 amp draw due to my 48-12v converters or accessories. Even in sleep mode the BMS will have a very slow drain, I believe .007 amps. So if your leaving for an extended period you need to actually power off the BMS or just pop off the tap wire connector.

Old 08-12-2019, 11:10 AM   #27
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The sensor is correctly oriented, PingEye3 has a drawing revision that shows the sensor profile to help with otrientation.

The pictures of the Zeva BMS as well as the sensor only show a single CAN bus cable, where is the Monitor CAN bus cable connected?

Is that black wire connected to the fuse the positive output of your charger?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 11:20 AM   #28
cmysstailights
Gone Wild

Yw bud, glad ur happy with them. Coming a long nicely.

cmysstailights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 11:52 AM   #29
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Also double check the terminal jumpers that come pre-installed on the terminal board to make sure that the charger output B+ is isolated from the B- side.

From what I can see your charger + output will need to be connected to the bottom two terminals.

Old 08-12-2019, 12:16 PM   #30
Rurki
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The sensor is correctly oriented, PingEye3 has a drawing revision that shows the sensor profile to help with otrientation.

The pictures of the Zeva BMS as well as the sensor only show a single CAN bus cable, where is the Monitor CAN bus cable connected?

Is that black wire connected to the fuse the positive output of your charger?
I have the Monitor attached to the sensor and running to the dash. I waterproofed the back of the LCD panel and mounting it on the dash.

No, the black from the BMS running next to the CanBus cable is connected to the negative of the terminal block with the (-) of the battery.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium