lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2017, 12:06 AM   #21
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: EZGO 2Five Lithium Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyolinc View Post
Hi, I'm new here and have limited knowledge of electrical. That said, my 2014 2Five needs new batteries and I'd like to convert it to Lithium. Does anyone know anyone in the Los Angeles area who does this kind of work? Thanks in advance.
http://hpevs.com/lithium_battery_pac...golf_cars.html

These guys are in Ontario.
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2017, 02:24 AM   #22
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregorio View Post
Still doesn't address the desires of a 2Five owner who wants a integrated (drop in/plug & play) system to work with the factory speedo/energy meter, QuiQ DCI charger/DC converter unless I missed something. Not saying it can't be done, just saying I have not been able to do it yet (and I'm seriously working on that). I have 2 similar jobs that aren't taken apart yet because I don't have all those solutions I need yet. But, I hate commercial flying, can't see going to canukistan just yet. That's one thing I liked about those crappy AC Star cars, the charge voltage parameters were easily changeable.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 06:45 AM   #23
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Interesting to see that EZ-GO has their 48-V carts coming with Lithium batteries. I did a quick search for lithium battery(s) directly from EZ-GO but came up with nothing.

With the wave of shifting (eventually) from flooded batteries to Lithium, and the fact that 48-V is still 48-V whether it comes from flooded or lithium, I would think perhaps EZ-GO would sell a lithium battery and charger that could then be swapped out for the flooded batteries.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:41 AM   #24
Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregorio View Post
Ontario, CA according to their website.
Rickochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:49 AM   #25
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickochet View Post
Ontario, CA according to their website.
Yes, Ontario, CA is only about 30 miles (or 2 hours by car) away from Los Angeles!
Old 09-12-2017, 09:51 AM   #26
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Still doesn't address the desires of a 2Five owner who wants a integrated (drop in/plug & play) system to work with the factory speedo/energy meter, QuiQ DCI charger/DC converter unless I missed something. Not saying it can't be done, just saying I have not been able to do it yet (and I'm seriously working on that). I have 2 similar jobs that aren't taken apart yet because I don't have all those solutions I need yet. But, I hate commercial flying, can't see going to canukistan just yet. That's one thing I liked about those crappy AC Star cars, the charge voltage parameters were easily changeable.
Well, the OP asked for someone who might be able to do the job near Los Angeles. I've talked to these guys before and they are one of the more advanced EV conversion shops I've found. "Maybe" they can figure it out.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:35 PM   #27
wyolinc
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks all, super helpful and you're all so friendly. I'll check that shop out and if I move forward with anything, I'll be sure to update here and share back. I'd hate to lose the spedo/energy meter so very good call there.

I may have another year left in my 6 pack of 8 volts but hard to tell. Got the cart used a few weeks back with only 900 miles on it. Killer price so I went for it knowing I might have to sink more into new batteries. They make a bubbling sound when charging which is kind of scary but some say it's normal with older deep cells.
wyolinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 12:56 AM   #28
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Bubbling is normal and a good thing for batteries of all ages. Keeps the electrolyte from stratifying and damaging the plates. Good luck!
Old 09-13-2017, 01:35 AM   #29
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I certainly am not doubting HPEVs abilities, they are probably the earliest place to get "real" kits for AC conversions for carts. Sorry i missed the CA part.. I have not yet seen their lithium system in person. It's trickier to slip this job into a 2Five (or RXV) seamlessly than the other "conventional golf cart" HPEV conversions I have done due to stuff like RXV has no brakes, and 2Five has a Canbus speedo/energy meter. If they offer "nearly drop-in" kits for those, they will surely have a market for that product. Not saying HPEV is bad, nor that it can't be done. (I have put HPEV stuff into a hot rod RXV, but let me assure you, it was no "plug-n-play" job, plenty of work, including welding, BUT, that was my own concoction, not made for RXV by them).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 01:27 PM   #30
FluxCapacitor
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Still doesn't address the desires of a 2Five owner who wants a integrated (drop in/plug & play) system to work with the factory speedo/energy meter, QuiQ DCI charger/DC converter unless I missed something. Not saying it can't be done, just saying I have not been able to do it yet (and I'm seriously working on that).....
When my batteries die (hopefully not soon) I will be VERY interested if you get my 2Five speedo/energy meter to work with a lips retro fit.
FluxCapacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO