lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2017, 08:26 AM   #1
ICTGolfer
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Best Cart for Flat KS

Greetings, everyone.

We are in the market for a new(er) cart and need some guidance on how to proceed. We live in (flat) KS, in a residential golf neighborhood and need an electric cart that can safely (& quickly) haul up to 4 people around the golf course and around the (flat) neighborhood.

The only mods we would make would be street-legal-ize it, rear seat addition and the OEM speed-chip. Nothing fancy, just a reliable, quick/speedy cart is what we are looking for.

Our local dealer has EZ-GO and Club Car. We have a Yamaha dealer within a 20 minute drive but their service is horrible, from what we hear, so they are automatically on the outside looking in.

Any recommendations, pro's/con's for either EZ-GO or Club Car for what we want to do?

Appreciate your inputs.

Dave Fletcher
Wichita, KS
ICTGolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-03-2017, 09:20 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Best Cart for Flat KS

I suggest a CC Precedent or TXT48 both are good NEV types that dealer programming can get you to 19 mph... and Alltrax speed control upgrade can get more power and 22-23 mph
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 10:55 AM   #3
ICTGolfer
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks, ScottyB.

I may hit you up for recommendations on an upgraded controller kit when the time comes.

Thanks again for the input.
ICTGolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 11:21 AM   #4
bird6246
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

have to agree with scotty b...once again, lol. I would lean more towards the EZ-GO for the simple fact aftermarket parts selection is ridiculous and ease of working on it is easier then the Precedent
bird6246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 02:47 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

My TXT48 is my favorite cart right now with a little Alltrax update. It has PLENTY of zip yet the dog and I can take it out in the brush, no problem.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts