lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Diesel swaps

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2013, 05:09 PM   #1
cramblit26
I'm 'That Guy"!

Mixed Breed

Default Turbocharge a 10hp Diesel....WHAT?!?

Yep, I did it...Am I the first? Maybe. Am I the last? Definitely not! So after the feeble attempts at plowing (video proved) and the meek heavy hauling I decided that maybe those guys that said "I doubt 10hp will be enough," knew what the heck they were talking about. But then it came to me, I didn't need to go out there and spend alot of money on a bigger engine. Mine was already a diesel, and what do diesels love most...AIR! So I got to thinking(impending aneurysm) why don't I just turbo charge it. So I did just that with quite a bit of help from my buddy The Fabricator!

At first I was going to use a freebie turbo I got from a friend, but quickly found out that that wasn't going to work because I could NOT find any parts for it i.e. flanges and other hardware. So I bit the Bullet and coughed up the dough for the IHI RHB31 Turbocharger, in the add, it said it was good from 190cc. to 900cc. I got all the parts in the mail, it came with all the flanges, bolts and even an oil line kit. After I got the engine ripped out of the buggy i took it all to my friends house and proceeded to school me in the fine arts of TIG welding, which turned out beautiful by the way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1363276151581.jpg (37.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 1363473927472.jpg (23.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 1363473936404.jpg (42.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 1363473942382.jpg (41.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 1363478272849.jpg (30.0 KB, 0 views)
cramblit26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
10hp, air cooled, diesel, turbo, turbocharger
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Diesel swaps