lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2019, 12:24 PM   #1
Tyler_Veasey
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Rear Seat for a Carryall

'07 Carryall1 for the record. I am going to retire this one from my construction site and use it around the neighborhood and campgrounds and as such I want to add a rear seat. Local CC dealer that I've gotten parts from does not have any idea if such a thing can be done. But you know there are pictures on the internet so it must exist, right?
Does anyone know of a kit, or if not can a normal seat be adapter to fit on this rig? I honestly don't have a problem removing the bed, covering the rear shell with some diamond plate (would it need to be perforated for ventilation) and bolt the seat down to the frame.
Thoughts?
Tyler_Veasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-06-2019, 02:33 PM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: Rear Seat for a Carryall

Got any photos of what you want?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 03:00 PM   #3
linden
Not Yet Wild

I am doing one now with a gtw rear flip seat for a ds. On the ds there are tabs above the shackle mount for the leaf springs that the foot rest bracket mounts to. I welded tabs to the rear hitch bracket instead and drilled new holes. For the front I took 1"x2" block aluminim that sits perfectly in the channel on the carryall body and bolted the front of the seat to it. I'll have it finished up this weeked and get pictures.
linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 03:04 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Best idea I have seen was leaving the bed in place (it's very handy) and they added a seat from a tahoe or something. They bolted in latches for the seat to lock in like it's supposed to, and could remove it in a few seconds for hauling stuff.

You could do basically the same thing with a square steel "box" out of L channel (be very easy to built and weld together) and get a madjax rear seat cushion kit for $100. And just have quick connect tabs to lock it in, or even bolts if you dont plan to remove and install it on a regular basis.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 03:05 PM   #5
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Got any photos of what you want?
This is a good question. I can think of a several ideas but I'm not sure he would want the same setup that I would want.
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 03:09 PM   #6
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

My brother did what CP241 is talking about with his Kawasaki Mule with a dump bed like a Carryall.

Great for the kids but a pain to get in and out of it.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 04:46 PM   #7
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

On most carryalls you need the access under the bed for doing regular maintenance, so bolting aluminum sheet down and bolting seats on top of that will make it much more of a pain to get to the engine if/when you need to work on it.

Take the sides off the bed and use the flat bed as the base for mounting a regular flip seat kit. You'll probably have to make or modify the rear seat back brackets to have a way to attach them to the bed.
Mount the foot rest to the rear bumper same way as the kit says, but make some of your own supports out of steel angle or 1" square tube that just run up to the corners of the rear body. Leave enough room for the bed to be able to hinge upwards for when you need to raise it for access underneath.
For the arm rests shorten the long side of the ones in the kit and bolt those direct to the bed.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 10:56 AM   #8
Tyler_Veasey
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

My redneck solution was to take the rear bench from my wife's TJ Wrangler (which we never carry passengers in anyway) and bolt the mounting brackets for it into the bed of the CA, only problem is not having a footrest. My better option would be to take a proper DS seat and footrest kit and just adapt it to fit in the bed. If anyone has pictures of that, I would be tremendously grateful. Welding and fabrication is not a problem.
Old 08-08-2019, 07:20 AM   #9
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Do carryalls have pockets or channel down the sides like a pickup flatbed, that you could mount to? I'm not sure how the sides "sit" on the bed.

If so you could make something that just slides down in the pockets (think: home made wooden short sides for a pickup flat bed) that pop out, and leave room for cooler between rear seat and front seat. but no foot rest. Do they come with trailer hitches? could make something that sets in the reese receiver or something?
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 10:01 AM   #10
Tyler_Veasey
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Not looking at it right now but I believe the bed sides are welded to the deck.
Yes it has a 2" receiver built in so fabbing a footrest isn't the worst think in the world.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car