lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2017, 04:30 PM   #1
bernito
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO 2Five Lithium Conversion

I have a 2014 EZGO 2Five (4 x 12 volt configuration) and am interested in converting it to one of the Nissan Leaf based battery packs sold by EV Battery Center.com (http://evbatterycenter.com/HAC4/inde...-15&Itemid=605). The battery pack has a power output cable included with SB175 Andersen Connector and a charger output cable with 50A Anderson connector.

They sell an optional 4 AWG, red/black, 2 ft cable with 175A Anderson (red) to connect from battery to the solenoid and a 12 AWG cable with Anderson connector (grey) 5ft. is included with the on-board charger.

I have read multiple other forums regarding lithium conversions, but was hoping to get some specific questions answered:

1. Has anyone completed a 2Five conversion? If so, can you please provide as much detail and photos as possible?

2. The manual states that the cart has a 48V on board battery charger with DC to DC converter. Is the DC to DC converter built in to the on board charger, or is it a separate module that I can continue to use after replacing the existing charger with an on board lithium ion charger?

3. How exactly would the wiring work? I currently have three sets of wires attached to a positive battery terminal and three wires attached to a different negative battery terminal in the series. I want to ensure that I wire the new pack safely and correctly, so all of my accessories continue to work properly.

Any insight would be appreciated, and please include as much detail as possible. I can provide pictures of the existing connections if helpful. Thanks.
bernito is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO