lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-06-2014, 08:52 AM   #1
fastbasser
Getting Wild

Default stall/quit??

On 2 separate occasions in the last couple of weeks, my 2010 Precedent has "cut off" for a second while driving. In both instances, letting off the pedal and and stepping down again has "cleared" the issue. This last time I was running pretty good and the passenger was thrown forward for a second..

Any ideas what may be causing this?

It appears we also have an issue with the "in laws" cart. (a 96 Cub Car) The wife says it does't want to go unless you smash down on the pedal.

Any idea what can be causing this issue?

Thanks..
fastbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:30 AM   #2
PAPABEAR1
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: stall/quit??

More info may help .....
PAPABEAR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:39 AM   #3
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

My 2010 precedent did that last year, my problem was a bad cell in a battery. The problem was triggered by placing a large load on the system, like accelerating from 0 to full speed going up a hill. I replaced the entire pack and it has been running great since then.
There are other things that can cause a similar symptom, like a bad MCOR, but that would happen at the same throttle position and not be related to the load applied to the batteries.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:56 AM   #4
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

. . . the "infamous" solenoid drop-out?
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:58 PM   #5
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

I think the solenoid dropout was mainly with first year (2002) IQ vehicles.
I would load test each battery while going up a hill and see if any of them drop considerably in voltage...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:01 PM   #6
fastbasser
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPABEAR1 View Post
More info may help .....
I do have a high speed motor in the Precedent. It feels as though the motor just locks up for a split second.. Once stopped all works again. As I stated in the first post, it has happened 2 times. Neither at WOT by the way.

The 96 just wont go forward or reverse without smashing down on the pedal.. As you can imagine, there is quite a jolt when it goes from nothing to WOT instantly..

thanks again..
Old 03-07-2014, 07:24 AM   #7
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

A loose connection can cause that kind of problem also. Don't cost much the fix. Check every wire and cable you have.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:03 PM   #8
fastbasser
Getting Wild

Just got off the phone with the shop we sent the "in laws" cart to... They said it is a "regen 1" and do not want to work on it....... They did say it could be any number of things and didn't want to start throwing parts at it and "nickle and diming " us to death..

With good news like that,,, any idea what could cause the **** thing not to
go with out stomping on the pedal??

Lastly, since I picked this **** thing up (and will most likely have to eat it... ), do you guys think it would be a candidate for a motor/controller swap?

Thanks
Old 03-06-2014, 04:17 PM   #9
mymonstertruck
Gone Wild

Club Car

My cart did that yesterday twice, I thought maybe it's the cold weather. And it cut out on a flat road no hills involved. I just let off the gas and pressed it back down and it was fine. I'll have to load test my batteries if it continues to do it. And my voltage read 42.5 volt when the accelerator was under load is that about right ?
mymonstertruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:22 PM   #10
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Going up a hill WOT mine drops to about 46v. It is pretty hard to get a low reading on the battery as the controller shuts down very quickly when a battery drops, so you really need a meter with a hi/low function.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car