lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2016, 08:38 AM   #1
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default CC Aftermarket Steering Wheel Advice

After a long fought battle with my stock steering wheel I finally got it off. I had an old boat steering wheel that I put on the after buying an adapter from a site sponsor. Of course the holes in the wheel didn't line up with the adapter so I had to drill the wheel to make it work. Problem now is the steering wheel is closer to the driver due to the deeper dish design and makes getting in and out of the cart a cheek slide maneuver over the seat hip bars With my 5/6 hole adapter can I use an aftermarket steering wheel for any CC? Does anyone have any thoughts on those steering wheels that are "flat" on bottom they call "D" design? I'm done with getting in or out my cart from passenger side.
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 04:25 PM   #2
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: CC Aftermarket Steering Wheel Advice

For the meantime I flipped the boat steering wheel so the dish is going towards the front of the cart. Looks a little weird but the grip point of the wheel is at a better distance and much easier to get in and out of the cart.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:00 PM   #3
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

The "D" designed wheels are going to be dished or flat. Since your wheel is inverted already, I would made a cardboard template of the possible replacements (using the wheel diameter for scaling) and tape the template to the steering post. You may find that you already have your best option.

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 09:33 AM   #4
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag50 View Post
The "D" designed wheels are going to be dished or flat. Since your wheel is inverted already, I would made a cardboard template of the possible replacements (using the wheel diameter for scaling) and tape the template to the steering post. You may find that you already have your best option.

Funny,
While I was inverting the steering wheel I laid the top of a 5 gallon bucket on the adaptor to get an idea of what a flat steering wheel would feel like... not bad. Some of the "D" shaped wheels are smaller in diameter and thus would work if I can find a flat one. I'm going to have some seat time with the inverted one this weekend where I use the cart so that should indicate whether to keep looking or just get over the weird look. Thanks guys!
Old 11-01-2016, 02:03 AM   #5
mike484
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ask him about a steering wheel.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/golf-...pds-parts.html

And get one of these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/EZGO-Steerin...tRMhdN&vxp=mtr

And end up with this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12. Replaced Clip Board with Premium Cover.jpg (134.8 KB, 0 views)
mike484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car