lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2012, 11:11 PM   #1
Wes350x
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Black seat covers?

Looking to switch out to black seats, any suggestion of where to get a quality cover, or should I try a local upholster first? I saw that some covers were vacuum molded for a good fit
Wes350x is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2012, 11:38 PM   #2
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Black seat covers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes350x View Post
Looking to switch out to black seats, any suggestion of where to get a quality cover, or should I try a local upholster first? I saw that some covers were vacuum molded for a good fit

Here is a site sponsor..

http://xt-innovations.com/golfcartseats.html
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:48 AM   #3
Wes350x
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks, I'll give them a call
Old 08-12-2012, 06:52 AM   #4
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

There was another site where you could change the different colors and stitching and it would show you the combo and I can't find it...
Old 08-12-2012, 09:24 AM   #5
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Here is the site I was looking for.

http://www.easydoesitcustoms.com/ezview/
Old 08-15-2012, 03:34 PM   #6
Wes350x
Gone Wild

Club Car

Called XT-innovations and they dont do just "regular" seats, They customize and add shapes and all to them. Also he said that since the seats are molded it will hard to find a seat cover in black to be added in place of the factory cover.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:52 PM   #7
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a vinyl front seat & am finding it a PITA this summer. It's hotter than Hades after sitting in the sun for a few minutes. I'm thinking about making seat covers out of Sunbrella this winter. Figured they'd be waterproof & fade resistant, plus not too hot to sit on.
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:19 PM   #8
Wes350x
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirJunky View Post
I have a vinyl front seat & am finding it a PITA this summer. It's hotter than Hades after sitting in the sun for a few minutes. I'm thinking about making seat covers out of Sunbrella this winter. Figured they'd be waterproof & fade resistant, plus not too hot to sit on.
Thats what ive heard about black. The would you change if you had the option? Not worth it?
Old 08-15-2012, 06:21 PM   #9
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Thats what ive heard about black. The would you change if you had the option? Not worth it?
Did you check my other link in post #5?
Old 08-15-2012, 06:38 PM   #10
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Well, I think it's more of an experiment to use Sunbrella at this point. Mainly because it hasn't been done (that I know of). I have seen patio furniture made out of it. And awnings, boat covers & bimini tops. So I know it doesn't fade in the sun. And I'm sure a lighter color would be cooler. But just the fact that it's not vinyl would be less hot on the skin. I think it would wear OK, at least for a couple years.

A lighter color vinyl like I think erict is suggesting might be cooler. But it's still vinyl. I don't care for it in a car so I doubt I'd like it on my cart either.

My own cart is mostly black with a big green Monster logo on the hood. So I'm thinking green Sunbrella seats would really set the whole thing off.

I think most any dark color is going to get warm though, regardless of what material it's made out of. But a black terrycloth towel is at least tolerable after sitting in the sun..... whereas a black vinyl seat is hot enough to fry an egg on after sitting in the sun. I'm tired of sitting on a towel all the time because my seat is too hot.
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car