lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2008, 10:35 AM   #1
Bulky
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Front Brakes - Hydraulic vs Cable ...suggestions???

Looking for some input on front brakes. As I have mentioned in some of my other posts, I bolted on the front suspension from a 2003 Club Car carryall 272. That front suspension has hydraulic drum brakes. The rest of my cart 1992 CC has cable rear drums. I'd like to setup 4 wheel brakes, but not sure what would be the best way to go. I would assume the easiest and cheapest way would be to see if someone had cables and parts to convert my hydraulic over to cable fronts. If anyone has info on adding front cable activated drums to the front of a regular cart that would be great. brackets, cables etc... that would be needed.
I guess plumbing brake lines and adding fluid wouldn't bee bad either...I still have the lines, master cylinder, brackets and a couple sets of rear axles with hydraulic drums if I wanted to go with a fully hydraulic conversion. The biggest issue is finding a place for the master cylinder. The 272 is about a foot longer, and it was mounted under the seat. My 92 doesn't have that luxury.

Forgive my babbling...I'm thinking and typing at the same time.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Bulky is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2008, 09:07 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: Front Brakes - Hydraulic vs Cable ...suggestions???

Bulky...I would go with hydraulics. It might be a pain in the rear to install it but front cable doesn't sound to safe to me. I see carts all the time with brakes that either don't work at all, very little or just one side.....all cable drums.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:33 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

true. I had front drums on my XRT and it was hard to get and keep the proper adjustment so that one wheel wasn't doing all the work.....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:49 PM   #4
Bulky
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the input. I'll do some more measurements and keep looking at it to see if I can rig the master in there. I'll make sure to start a new thread with what ever direction I go.
Thanks for the input.

B
Bulky is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car