lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2011, 01:25 PM   #1
angelalachney
Not Yet Wild

Default Ruff n tuff motor out

I have a 2007 ruff n tuff electric golf cart. The motor went out. Can I use a Club car motor in it. If so anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram.. Its a 48 volt.. Thanks
angelalachney is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2011, 02:08 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Ruff n tuff motor out

welcome to BGW i don,t know if you can swap it with a C.C. you would need to ask someone like plum quik who works on motors......why not just send yours out and have it redone?..................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:53 PM   #3
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It's hard to get answers about the R&T here, there are very few owners. My buddy has one, and no one answers me when I start a topic about it.
It seems that there are very few parts and accessories available for the Ruff n tuff. Why is there no aftermarket for these?
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 03:48 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i think aftermarket all depends on how popular an item is........not sure but up till this post i have never heard of one or seen one.......and have never seen parts advertised on at any of the wholesalers i deal with.....................
Old 08-28-2011, 03:58 PM   #5
PLUMQUICK
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelalachney View Post
I have a 2007 ruff n tuff electric golf cart. The motor went out. Can I use a Club car motor in it. If so anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram.. Its a 48 volt.. Thanks

Club Car, EZ-GO or Yamaha motors will not fit..............Ruff & Tuff motors are 21 spline............These motors are very poor quality, if the motor has been very hot...........not worth rebuilding................sorry
PLUMQUICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 04:01 PM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUMQUICK View Post
Club Car, EZ-GO or Yamaha motors will not fit..............Ruff & Tuff motors are 21 spline............These motors are very poor quality, if the motor has been very hot...........not worth rebuilding................sorry

well that answers that.................................
Old 08-29-2011, 11:54 AM   #7
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUMQUICK View Post
What do you suggest? (other than getting rid of it) I'm trying to help my neighbor with his. What are his motor options? The local dealer said it was his motor also, but why replace a chitty motor with another chitty motor?? His does a blistering 12 MPH wide open (2007 NEV2 48V)
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car