lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2010, 09:06 AM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 36V FR switch on a 48V cart 700A controller

You can use a solid piece of 1/8x1/2 bar stock across the bottom too if you want.... copper would be the first choice.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2010, 09:54 AM   #12
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Copper flat stock being harder to find ( but better and much higher in price ) I go cheap way and jumper F&R switch with a piece of 1/2" copper tubing hammered flat and drilled and havent had any problems so far with normal usage?
JUST MY TWO CENTS WORTH?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 02:26 PM   #13
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Just wondering. Why do you suggest copper bar in place of welding cable? Most other post state the current travels on the outside surface of the wires thus welding cable being the better choice than bar stock.
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 04:30 PM   #14
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Exactly... the two bottom buss bars must be hooked together with either a piece of copper or just a small 4 Gauge wire looped from one post to the other... I've seen it done both ways with no problems.... And to answer Scottyb about the micro switches..... I've always been able to transfer three micros to this switch with no problem. It's possible that in older models... maybe 96 or so and older that it may have a different cam but anything later than that should work fine. I've done it on cars as old as a 97 and it works fine... Most customers lately however have been happy with just the one micro switch. The other two are nothing more than the reverse buzzer (Not necessary) and the half speed resistor for reverse (not necessary either).
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 06:48 PM   #15
CDPII
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, so far so good. Now which two wires get connected to the 2 micro switch connectors and can I just eliminate or electric tape up the rest of them? I have the following wires as choices:
Red
Red w/stripe
Green
Green w/stripe
White
White w/stripe
Orange
Black
CDPII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 07:24 PM   #16
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have found that a #6 or #4 cable once you add ends is so close that its hard to make jumper on lower F&R switch lugs without making it long enough to cause possible rubbing on frame or batterys. By using brass bar stock or tubing hammered flat this solves the problem.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:54 AM   #17
OLD BILL N
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

FYI DC current flows thru the cross section of the conducter. High freq. AC on the surface.
OLD BILL N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:08 PM   #18
CDPII
Not Yet Wild

Does the White w/stripe go on top like so with the green w/stripe on the bottom???????
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00021-20100704-1039.jpg (70.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00022-20100704-1039.jpg (58.8 KB, 5 views)
Old 07-06-2010, 09:40 PM   #19
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDPII View Post
Thanks, so far so good. Now which two wires get connected to the 2 micro switch connectors and can I just eliminate or electric tape up the rest of them? I have the following wires as choices:
Red
Red w/stripe
Green
Green w/stripe
White
White w/stripe
Orange
Black
Sorry it took so long to answer this but....... Here's whatcha do to eliminate the buzzer and half speed reverse..

Butt connect the GREEN to the WHITE wires that were previously connected to the rear micro. This eliminates half speed reverse.... Cut the existing black wire off in the harness and tuck it away... The red wire with the white stripe and the orange wire are nothing more than reverse buzzer wires... You can cut them away as well... Put some tape on the end of them to keep them from touching anything and causing a spark.. Last, hook the White wire with the black stripe and the Green wire with the white stripe to the Microswitch on the F&R... You'll be good to go. No annoying buzzer, and no limp-mode reverse.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:46 PM   #20
CDPII
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Sorry it took so long to answer this but....... Here's whatcha do to eliminate the buzzer and half speed reverse..

Butt connect the GREEN to the WHITE wires that were previously connected to the rear micro. This eliminates half speed reverse.... Cut the existing black wire off in the harness and tuck it away... The red wire with the white stripe and the orange wire are nothing more than reverse buzzer wires... You can cut them away as well... Put some tape on the end of them to keep them from touching anything and causing a spark.. Last, hook the White wire with the black stripe and the Green wire with the white stripe to the Microswitch on the F&R... You'll be good to go. No annoying buzzer, and no limp-mode reverse.
Thanks, I will try this in the morning and hopefully will be up and running.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car