lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2010, 01:46 PM   #1
reddawg
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 96 CC intermittent stop and go

Hey guys! newby to the CC electric world. I have done quite a bit of work on EZGo electric but this is my first CC. I purchased this cart for $400 with charger. Lady was telling me she had spent close to 500 on repairs but could not get cart to work. Got the cart home and went to roll it off the trailer and hit the pedal and the cart took off like a brand new unit. Worked for several days with no issues then the problem started again. Cart would not run. When I turn the key switch on I can hear the solenoid click on and then back off and cart will run when I give her the juice. When the cart does not run I only hear one click of the solenoid. The wires all look good but I can wiggle them around and turn key off and on a couple of times and it does the double click and off to the races we go. Cart runs fine. Any suggestions on where to start looking and why does the cart double click prior to pushing the pedal? Thanks for any help!
reddawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2010, 01:49 PM   #2
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 96 CC intermittent stop and go

Year of cart, voltage, model, series or regen?
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:38 PM   #3
reddawg
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

96 Club Car electric 48 volt Regen
Old 07-08-2010, 05:40 PM   #4
reddawg
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I think it is a DS model
Old 07-08-2010, 06:36 PM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

could be the solenoid going bad,when it won,t run try tapping the solenoid or jumping it see if cart runs..............also go over all cables make sure everyone is tight and clean.......don,t just look at them get touchy feely with them........................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:07 PM   #6
reddawg
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I did find loose connections the first day before I rolled/drove off the trailer on a couple of batteries and I figured that was the culprit since the cart worked. I have since gone through and cleaned all connections on batteries and disconnected and reconnected all other places where terminals were located. I have done the solenoid jump as well when cart would not run and it still would not go almost as though the controller was getting no signal from pot. Any idea why when I turn key on I hear 2 very distinctive clicks which sound like the solenoid turning on then back off and the cart runs fine? If I do not hear the 2nd click the cart does not attempt to move at all.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:27 AM   #7
reddawg
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Cart is running again but I still have not found the issue. Getting ready to do a complete rebuild of the body and all. Looking to paint her up and redo seat covers as well. Any suggestions while I have body off as to maybe rewire or getting rid of OBC or anything like that? Once I start the paint process I will post a few pictures of my progress.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:21 PM   #8
reddawg
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Well I think I may have found my problem. Got the body removed from my cart and as I was disconnecting the wiring harness I found a wire had been spliced into the OBC and was connected to the negative of the battery pack. Looks like someone had tried to bypass the OBC and after reading several posts on here I noticed also that my charger was not shutting off after a full charge. Wondering now if the OBC may be acting up causing my issues. Any thoughts?
Old 07-12-2010, 03:26 PM   #9
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

its quite possible someone changed the OBC and put a different one in and that may in fact be the problem........the right OBC you should not have to splice any wires into it as it should be a direct fit wire for wire..........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:24 PM   #10
reddawg
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks!.. I am going to do some more research on the cart as I have it apart and make sure everything is wired back per schematic but will upgrade the battery and motor wires to #4 while I have it down. Any other suggestions while I have it down for the count? I am thinking about a small lift kit install - can't do much as my bride is a little lacking in the height department and I w ould like her to ride with me occassionally!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car