lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-27-2021, 08:24 AM   #1
mijobo
Not Yet Wild

Default Speed and appearance mods

Hello again, 2007 CC Precedent. Just got the Roypow 105ah installed. Cart is stock other than that so far. Looking for input on a couple of things. I would like to upgrade the seat, either a cover or new complete assembly. The cart is used strictly for golf, so no rear seat.
Also, is there a common max diameter for tire and wheel package without a lift?
I will also be looking to upgrade the speed within my usage needs. Would like to get to 20-25 mph, not much higher. Any advice would be appreciated.
mijobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-27-2021, 09:19 AM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Speed and appearance mods

A speed magnet would probably get you right up to the speed range you’re looking for. They’re cheap and easy to install.

For the ~$30 it’s certainly worth a shot before going crazy spending a bunch of money on controller/motor upgrades.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 03:09 PM   #3
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Default Re: Speed and appearance mods

If you find the stock seat comfortable, you can buy staple-on covers on eBay fairly inexpensively, but choose wisely. I bought three sets for three carts, including a precedent, from Custom Covers. They fit well on the Precedent, but are designed to be stapled to the rear plastic cover of the seat itself. That's not a problem, but it will look like crap from the sides and back. Other companies include a decorative cover for this, which I do not have.

Yes, the speed magnet will give you more top end, but it will not affect your torque, in case you need that too.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car