lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-08-2018, 05:35 PM   #11
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Battery brands

Trojan and Crown. That's all I use and that's all I care to use. I've had premature issues with every other brand except these two. I can't pick a favorite between these two because they've both performed tremendously.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-08-2018, 05:45 PM   #12
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

I blew through powertrons in 20 months. With the best of care too I might add. Sticker on EVERY batt said 12 month and 24month pro rated! Called my dealer and then distributor for Quebec to see what was the remaining value and they said "Nope, 12mo only." Told them they better come to the farm and change the warranty stickers on every battery. They were not amused.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 05:59 PM   #13
Roxyflash
Gone Wild
Club Car

We had bad luck with crowns at are shop not sure who makes jlg batteries for aerial lifts but had good luck with those.I like Trojans also but the jlg ones are just as good.We get a good discount buying pallet load from jlg.Interstate had bad luck with but there better if you get the ones made in USA not Mexico.Us batteries seem better the skyjack scissor lift come with those in the past they would seldom make 100 hour run time they seem better now.superstart made in USA are ok Duracell powertron haven’t seen any of them with any age mostly are neglected boiled out.
Roxyflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 06:41 PM   #14
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
I blew through powertrons in 20 months. With the best of care too I might add. Sticker on EVERY batt said 12 month and 24month pro rated! Called my dealer and then distributor for Quebec to see what was the remaining value and they said "Nope, 12mo only." Told them they better come to the farm and change the warranty stickers on every battery. They were not amused.
Powertrons are a quality built battery, but they just don't have a lot of amp hours. You'll notice when you pick one of them up that they're very light compared to a battery such as a Trojan T-875 or a Crown CR165. They're good batteries for a non lifted cart or a vehicle that simply doesn't need a lot of range.
Old 12-08-2018, 07:49 PM   #15
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOL3 View Post
Is there any consensus among the 'experts' of the best battery, assuming between US and Trojan?
I like them both, but have used a lot more US Batteries and had my longest life with them. I have them in 5 carts now and used them for many years. The set I just replaced with a Lithium Pack ran my DS IQ cart for 10 years and 1 month. Now when they started going out, they went fast. But for 9.75 years, they ran many miles several days a week with 2 to 4 passengers and 9-10 miles each weekend.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 08:14 PM   #16
BigOL3
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
I like them both, but have used a lot more US Batteries and had my longest life with them. I have them in 5 carts now and used them for many years. The set I just replaced with a Lithium Pack ran my DS IQ cart for 10 years and 1 month. Now when they started going out, they went fast. But for 9.75 years, they ran many miles several days a week with 2 to 4 passengers and 9-10 miles each weekend.
5 carts! ..... lol
BigOL3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 08:31 PM   #17
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Powertrons are a quality built battery, but they just don't have a lot of amp hours. You'll notice when you pick one of them up that they're very light compared to a battery such as a Trojan T-875 or a Crown CR165. They're good batteries for a non lifted cart or a vehicle that simply doesn't need a lot of range.
Yes I realized that the range wasn't as long, and realized that they wouldn't go 10 years but I rarely ran them right down to 48.5v and even ran a tractor and generator all night during a power outage in summer just to charge them. They were all I could get here in Feb when I built my cart. When I swapped them out this fall for CR-190s you could feel the difference in weight. My buggy has never run stronger either!!!
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 08:32 PM   #18
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
Yes I realized that the range wasn't as long, and realized that they wouldn't go 10 years but I rarely ran them right down to 48.5v and even ran a tractor and generator all night during a power outage in summer just to charge them. They were all I could get here in Feb when I built my cart. When I swapped them out this fall for CR-190s you could feel the difference in weight. My buggy has never run stronger either!!!

CR-190 is my go to battery for all my builds with upgraded components. I LOVE them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2018, 11:38 PM   #19
bobbycason
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Wholesale Battery Co. in Kenner had T875 for $99 retail or $89 wholesale if you have a business. I just got mine from there in October, around $650 with the core.
bobbycason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 12:36 AM   #20
BigOL3
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycason View Post
Wholesale Battery Co. in Kenner had T875 for $99 retail or $89 wholesale if you have a business. I just got mine from there in October, around $650 with the core.
You kin to Coach Ted Cason?
BigOL3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car