lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2018, 11:35 AM   #1
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Madjax flip seat

We have a 2008 RXV Shuttle 2+2 that came from the factory with a rear seat and extended roof over that seat. OEM seat was trashed so we got a flip seat from Madjax. Everything went OK, but I did have to drill new holes in the rear roof supports to match up with the Madjax hardware, no biggie. My issue is the rear roof supports do not match up with the extended roof any longer. See pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4763275D-BAD4-4CA1-A853-B018FB49EED6.jpg (115.4 KB, 0 views)
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2018, 02:03 PM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Madjax flip seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
We have a 2008 RXV Shuttle 2+2 that came from the factory with a rear seat and extended roof over that seat. OEM seat was trashed so we got a flip seat from Madjax. Everything went OK, but I did have to drill new holes in the rear roof supports to match up with the Madjax hardware, no biggie. My issue is the rear roof supports do not match up with the extended roof any longer. See pic.
I have the same cart. It uses a factory RXV front seat minus the handholds as a rear seat. Instead of moving the roof supports to fit the seat, you may need to make a pair of plates to adapt your flip seat to the existing factory seat holes.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 04:11 PM   #3
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

take Bob's advice here - that thing will rattle like a snake if you drill new holes.. Been there, done that. Seems to make everything off balance
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 09:16 PM   #4
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
I have the same cart. It uses a factory RXV front seat minus the handholds as a rear seat. Instead of moving the roof supports to fit the seat, you may need to make a pair of plates to adapt your flip seat to the existing factory seat holes.
Bob, rust is the issue with the old seat framing and hardware. None of it can be used per boss’s direction. I’m probably gonna try and flatten out the bend in the OEM roof supports slightly and drill new holes in the edge of the roof.

BTW, the Madjax printed instructions were total crap. Some of the pieces did not match the pictures, and the six poly bags containing all the new hardware were numbered wrong. I won’t purchase another one of these for our sister cart to this one.
Old 05-30-2018, 10:07 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Bags numbered wrong! LOL, at least EVERY ONE of those I have done being numbered wrong wasn't a fluke.. The roof supports supplied are probably intended for use with the stock short roof and installed on the wrong sides.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 08:09 AM   #6
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Bags numbered wrong! LOL, at least EVERY ONE of those I have done being numbered wrong wasn't a fluke.. The roof supports supplied are probably intended for use with the stock short roof and installed on the wrong sides.
No roof supports supplied in this kit. It is intended to use the OEM supports. It would probably work OK with a standard 54” roof support system.
Old 05-31-2018, 08:22 AM   #7
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
No roof supports supplied in this kit. It is intended to use the OEM supports. It would probably work OK with a standard 54” roof support system.
Try taking some original RXV rear short roof supports, swap sides and turn them around to point towards the rear. That may be very close to what is needed. I used that trick to mount a long roof using the original rear short roof supports from my 2012 RXV. The only other modification required was to use 2 longer bolts with a pair of spacer tubes on the front to get it to line up perfectly with the stock front RXV roof support.

Added some pictures...

Driver Side Front, Passenger Side Front, Driver Side Rear
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DriverSideFront.jpg (160.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PassengerSideFront.jpg (96.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DriverSideRear.jpg (415.9 KB, 0 views)
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 08:45 PM   #8
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Try taking some original RXV rear short roof supports......
Don't have anything but what came with the cart. I'm gonna put them in the shop vise and squeeze some bend out of them. I have a caliper that will tell me when I get them flat enough. The roof already has those spacers in front. Thanx, Bob.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO