lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2007, 09:49 AM   #21
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Default Re: G9 lift which one?

Unless you want to flip your cart over every time you turn, keep away from that 3-link rear.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-09-2007, 10:16 AM   #22
landshark55
Not Yet Wild

I do not know much about long travel but how would it be good to have a longtravel in front and stock in rear? Why would there three link be bad, would it not be more stable? Have you driven one with front and rear longtravel? Please help because i am going to put in a 24hp motor and I want the best suspension possible. Do you know who makes the best out there?
landshark55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:27 AM   #23
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Ok, with the 24hp Honda and 3-link in the rear, you might as well not paint the cart and mount big springs on each side. They are extremely unstable.

Remember, the rear is not NO-travel, it's not long travel. And with that kind of travel in the front, chances are you're rear wheels will stay down anyway.

Tungpo1 has the long travel in the front and 3-link rear. Hopefully he'll jump in here.

IMHO, Jakes makes the best stuff out there.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:33 AM   #24
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Also, about the 24hp Honda...

Here is a direct quote from the man who makes them:

Quote:
Give me a week and he can have either, We have had enough calls to put a 24 HP in g2/9 the kit is in the works. Hey everybody has a opinion as to whats best. I will tell you from a sales point if I had 2 identical carts one Honda one Vanguard the walk in customer choice would be Vanguards 5:1
Here's why, You guys who have these engines back me up here.
The Vanguard will start without choking it and sit and idle. It's a little hesitant if you hammer it when cold.
The Honda will rarely start without a choke, and stalls quite often with out some partial choke until warm. Hammering it when cold it will stall everytime. The Honda is also louder in the valve train.

We have taken on the Honda just for the customers who have to have 24 HP "My neighbors got a 24 Honda he would think I'm a wuss with a 18"
THE OTHER QUOTE I HEAR ALOT
"This 18 is more than enough can't believe anybody would wanna go bigger....Perfect"

I have always thought of Hondas as excellent engines however in this application I believe the Vanguard is better suited. Also you can look at the racing aspect of it. The Bandalero race cars, Sling shot dragsters, Lawn mower racers all run Vanguard, Thats why there is so many performance parts for the Vanguards. But hey you know what they say about opinions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-09-2007, 11:48 AM   #25
tungpo1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Alrighty!!! Alpha does not make them he just sells them Terra Toys makes them. Terra is one of the best front long travel but Jakes makes a great one as well. If you just have the money to blow go with the Terra front but unless your gonna be in Arizona jumping the dunes there really is no need. Agian as for the 3-link number one forget about putting a rear seat on it, not recomended, very unstable I put four people on it and it will make you sh*t around a corner, I would block the rear and put HD leafs over that. Also Jakes is a true long travel you dont see any leaf in the front!!! look at the travel in clays pic
tungpo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 12:02 PM   #26
tungpo1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Pics of Terra 3-link!!

Terra Front

Old 08-09-2007, 12:17 PM   #27
landshark55
Not Yet Wild

I live in arizona and i do want to jump it. So it does not handle good at high speeds? How much did you pay for that kit? Do you have a web site for terra? I could not find them. Where are they located?
Old 08-09-2007, 12:20 PM   #28
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Terra Toys
Old 08-09-2007, 02:57 PM   #29
tungpo1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark55 View Post
I live in arizona and i do want to jump it. So it does not handle good at high speeds? How much did you pay for that kit? Do you have a web site for terra? I could not find them. Where are they located?
Well then this is you!!!! It will be fine with two people just be careful if you rear seat it and bring passengers. It is not unstable with two people it rides great. And your in luck Terra is in Arizona!!!!! Thanks for posting the link NO NO
Old 08-09-2007, 03:43 PM   #30
landshark55
Not Yet Wild

Well I just got off the phone with the owner of terra toys and he made me feel real good about his company. I have a bone stock 1993 G9. I live 300 + miles away from his shop, he said he would pick up my cart. He will istall front and rear long travel and a 24HP motor and then ship it back to me. thats pretty good service.

The cost.

2100 = for 24hp honda and new clutch and install

1400 = for front and rear lon travel lift with new coilovers on all four ends and install

grand total is 3500.00 and I get it back in one week finished.

What do you guys think is this a great deal?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts